Thread poster: LuisitaF

LuisitaF  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:15
French to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2016

Hello linguists,

I am a former translation project manager and am currently undertaking some research for my dissertation on the role that machine translation plays in the working environment of professional French to English translators. I would be grateful if you could help by completing the following short questionnaire. The survey consists of 8 questions, and should only take a few minutes to complete.

Please note that this research is related only to translators working in the French to English combination.

For the context of this research, machine translation is not limited to Google Translate and similar software, but extends to the plugins that can be enabled within a CAT tool, searchable online databases and purchasable software such as Systran.

If you are able to spare a few minutes to complete this, please click on the following link to access the survey. Please complete it by 9pm (UK time) on Sunday 31 January 2016.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/machine-translation

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Louise

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Dissertation research: French to English translators

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search