Social butterfly
Thread poster: Charnette Bank

Charnette Bank  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:59
English to Swedish
Mar 4, 2016

Hi

I'm doing proofreading work of machine translated phrases; English to Swedish. The phrase "social butterfly" is translated to "social fjäril", and while this is correct, for me it sounds weird. Do we really use this expression in Sweden? Jag använder aldrig detta uttryck, men vill erkänna att jag inte kan samtliga slanguttryck i alla delar av landet.

Anyone got a tip how to translate "social butterfly" to Swedish? I've thought of "socitetslejon" but that symbolises a complete different person, right?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Agneta Pallinder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:59
Member (2014)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Make this a KudoZ query Mar 4, 2016

I think you would get more responses if you made this into a KudoZ query.

Charnette Bank  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:59
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 4, 2016

Thank you, I followed your advice. Not too used to asking questions here...

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Social butterfly

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search