Olga Nuñez
Olga Nuñez  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:10
French to Spanish
+ ...
May 3, 2016

I need some help, please.

I'm translating a technical manual (an OpenOffice file, i.e. .odt) using memoQ and the format of the exported translated file is different from the original one, so I have to copy and paste the translation parties on the original file to maintain the Client format.

Do you know any other procedure to avoid this problem? (The Client does not want to pass to InDesign, unfortunatelly).

Working this way, the translation procedure is muc
... See more
I need some help, please.

I'm translating a technical manual (an OpenOffice file, i.e. .odt) using memoQ and the format of the exported translated file is different from the original one, so I have to copy and paste the translation parties on the original file to maintain the Client format.

Do you know any other procedure to avoid this problem? (The Client does not want to pass to InDesign, unfortunatelly).

Working this way, the translation procedure is much longer.

Of course, I could work directly on the document to be translated, but I have many repetitions to catch and I want to be sure I copy and edit all of them properly.

Thanks for any help.

Olga
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

exported file (.odt) format varies from the original by memoQ

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »