Thread poster: Jack Doughty

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:51
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
May 5, 2004

A flag is appearing at the top of pages for an upcoming Powwow in the UK. This turns out to be one which was proposed for December 23 2003 - I'm not sure, but I don't think it ever took place.

[Edited at 2004-05-05 20:56]

nothing
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not a thing past, Jack May 5, 2004

It is 28 Dec. 2004.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:51
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

- May 5, 2004

Jack, I thought it was a bug. But no, it is really December 2004icon_smile.gif

Natalia

[Edited at 2004-05-05 15:48]

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are quite right. May 5, 2004

My recherche was not thorough enough. I thought I had seen such a proposal for Dec 28 2003. If so, it is not listed as a past Powwow. I suppose if it never took place, it wouldn't be.
And I would not have thought so many people would respond to such an early proposal for that time of year, when Christmas plans are not yet finalized for most people.
I was not alone. There are some comments on the page for this Powwow from other people who also thought it was 2003.
But OK, I was wrong, and there is no longer any point in this subject, so if you can delete it altogether, Natalie, please do.

[Edited at 2004-05-05 16:02]

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:51
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Jack May 5, 2004

I have a vague feeling that I have seen this ad before, and the date was really 2003. And there were notes from only three or four interested members (there are more now, thanks ro your posting, I guessicon_biggrin.gif ). Most probably the organizer just changed the date as this powwow was never held in 2003icon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2004-05-05 21:31]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

A la recherche du temps perdu - December 2003 Powwow being advertised

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search