Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:21
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
May 5, 2004

A flag is appearing at the top of pages for an upcoming Powwow in the UK. This turns out to be one which was proposed for December 23 2003 - I'm not sure, but I don't think it ever took place.

[Edited at 2004-05-05 20:56]

nothing
nothing
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not a thing past, Jack May 5, 2004

It is 28 Dec. 2004.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:21
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
- May 5, 2004

Jack, I thought it was a bug. But no, it is really December 2004

Natalia

[Edited at 2004-05-05 15:48]

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
You are quite right. May 5, 2004

My recherche was not thorough enough. I thought I had seen such a proposal for Dec 28 2003. If so, it is not listed as a past Powwow. I suppose if it never took place, it wouldn't be.
And I would not have thought so many people would respond to such an early proposal for that time of year, when Christmas plans are not yet finalized for most people.
I was not alone. There are some comments on the page for this Powwow from other people who also thought it was 2003.
But OK, I
... See more
My recherche was not thorough enough. I thought I had seen such a proposal for Dec 28 2003. If so, it is not listed as a past Powwow. I suppose if it never took place, it wouldn't be.
And I would not have thought so many people would respond to such an early proposal for that time of year, when Christmas plans are not yet finalized for most people.
I was not alone. There are some comments on the page for this Powwow from other people who also thought it was 2003.
But OK, I was wrong, and there is no longer any point in this subject, so if you can delete it altogether, Natalie, please do.

[Edited at 2004-05-05 16:02]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:21
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Jack May 5, 2004

I have a vague feeling that I have seen this ad before, and the date was really 2003. And there were notes from only three or four interested members (there are more now, thanks ro your posting, I guess ). Most probably the organizer just changed the date as this powwow was never held in 2003

[Edited at 2004-05-05 21:31]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

A la recherche du temps perdu - December 2003 Powwow being advertised

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »