Come to Sicily, come to the Powwow in Catania!
Thread poster: Gabriella Fisichella

Gabriella Fisichella  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:44
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 18, 2007

Dear All,

I am organising a Powwow in Catania, Sicily on October, 19th.

As Goethe said in A Journey to Italy: "Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy - Sicily is the key to everything".

It would be great to welcome as many friends as possible from all over the world.

I would love to guide you through the baroque town centre and have lunch with you in a typical Sicilian restaurant.

Please visit:

http://www.proz.com/powwow/1612

I hope to see you in Catania.

Gabriella

Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 16:44
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Bad timing... :( Aug 18, 2007

I'll be backpacking around Italy October 9 through 29, but I'll make a quick trip to Portugal to attend a translation conference there from Oct. 18 through 20...icon_frown.gif

I'll probably work my way back to Italy through Spain, spending a day or so in Madrid and then Barcelona.

We'll definitely go to Sicily, though, 'cause that's where my husband's family comes from (great-grandparents left in the late 1880s to come to America). Maybe we can contact you for lunch or something and you can show us Catania through a local's point of view!icon_smile.gif

P.S.: Do you by any chance know any Lombardinos around there?icon_biggrin.gif

Gabriella Fisichella  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sure! Aug 18, 2007

Hello Rafa,

it's a pity you cannot join us, but it will be a pleasure to show you Catania. Drop me an email and I'll give you my contact details.

Gabriella

Emanuela Galdelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Hope to come! Aug 19, 2007

What an idea! I will surely come, I came last time in 2001 when I took my cat, a very Sicilian oneicon_wink.gif

I have a friend there, and I really like Catania.

icon_smile.gif

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Come to Sicily, come to the Powwow in Catania!

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search