Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Powwow: London - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: London - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:13
German to English
Around 5-ish, in central London Jan 25, 2002

Is my suggestion. I don't have any special preferences - maybe a Starbucks? They're usually fairly relaxed.

Ana Luiza Iaria (X)
Ana Luiza Iaria (X)  Identity Verified
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Around 1ish.... central London Jan 28, 2002

I suggest lunchtime, since many live outside London and depend on trains, etc. Could be at any Cafe Flo, Cafe Uno, since they are open all day and won't rush us out.

Barbara Schulten, MSc (OXON), DPSI
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
around 1ish... National Gallery, cafe? Feb 10, 2002

I suggest lunchtime as well and agree with Ana. What about the cafe in the National Gallery? They have an additional room, which might give us a bit more privacy? I am not sure whether they rent this one out, though.

abborre
abborre
Denmark
Local time: 04:13
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Lunchtime???? Feb 10, 2002

After work would suit those who have full time jobs and translate as well, either that or a weekend at the national gallery?!

Gillian Searl
United Kingdom
German to English
Lunchtime is fine Feb 11, 2002

16th March is a Saturday so let's do lunchtime.

Cristina Fisher
Cristina Fisher
United Kingdom
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Sounds OK! Feb 11, 2002

I think it's fine. It might get a bit busy there on a Saturday, but which room did you suggest?

ASA
ASA  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
lunchtime probably better as there will be quite a few people travellling to London (e.g. me!) Feb 11, 2002

United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
room in National Gallery Feb 11, 2002

I also have to come into London by tube, that's why I suggested this room since the next tube station is at Trafalgar Square just opposite the Gallery. I meant the first room in the basement when entering the building via the main entrance. I am not sure whether they also might rent out a room or have an additional room, which we could have just for us. Perhaps someone could call them?

Eva Malkki
Eva Malkki  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:13
Finnish to English
+ ...
What day Feb 18, 2002

So what is the actual date we are discussing? Who came up with 16 March - why a Saturday?

Gillian Searl
United Kingdom
German to English
I guess ... Feb 18, 2002

it was Annabel - her name's at the top of the list. I think Saturday is good for everyone because of people who'll be travelling in to London. I wouldn't want to do it on a week day. As for March 16th - I think we should keep it at that now as everyone knows it and it's far enough in advance to plan ahead. Did anyone call the National Gallery yet?

Elytte
Elytte
English to French
+ ...
Lauretta Feb 20, 2002

IlonaT
IlonaT  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sounds OK Feb 28, 2002

The National Gallery and the 16th are fine with me.

Kristina Wolf
Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 12:13
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Lost in London Mar 1, 2002

I am not very familiar with London. So if I get to London with the bus and get out at Marble Arch, how do I best get to the National Gallery, i.e. which tube line?

Gillian Hargreaves (X)
Gillian Hargreaves (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Lost in London Mar 1, 2002

From Marble Arch, either walk along Oxford Street to Bond Street and take the Jubilee line southbound from there to Charing Cross (2 stops). Alternatively, take the Central Line eastbound from Marble Arch one stop to Bond Street and change to the Jubilee line there. At Charing Cross, consult the local map that will be posted somewhere near the exit to find out how to walk to the National Gallery.

Marina Rich
Marina Rich  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
NG sounds fine for me Mar 1, 2002

thoer cafe is rather small, though. Are we sure there is enough space for us all? And what time?

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: London - United Kingdom

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »