Powwow: New York - United States

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: New York - United States".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Susan Starling  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:47
German to English
ideas Jun 11, 2003

Hi everyone,

Has anyone got a preference as to a time/place for the powwow? So far everything's still up for grabs. Elena suggested perhaps trying for a conference room at a hotel, which sounds good to me, since we'd have a bit of privacy but also be able to order food and drinks. Any other ideas/commments? What about inviting agencies?

Susan

Direct link Reply with quote

Susan Starling  Identity Verified
Spain
German to English
hello again Jun 30, 2003

Bad news, for me at least - My plans have changed due to family problems and I'm now going to have to go down to d.c. on the 3rd, so I won't even be in New York on the 5th as I had planned. I'm sorry I won't be able to meet you all, and I hope the powwow gets off the ground without me. As far as I understand the process, I think that someone needs to register to be the organizer (I'm just the proposer). Anyway good luck, and maybe there will be another opportunity to get together some other time!

Susan

Ruselkie
United States
French to Russian
+ ...
Tomorrow...? Jul 4, 2003

Hello All,

Just would like to see if we are going to meet tomorrow - for me personally, even a small casual get together is highly desireble!

Marian Greenfield  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not tomorrow Jul 4, 2003

sorry, I can't make it. Neither can Susan. That leaves only you as far as I can tell.

Perhaps another time, not a holiday weekend.

protolmach  Identity Verified
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
Hi! Jul 4, 2003

Sorry, won't be able to make it, either. Agree with Marian, let's choose a weekend some time in the fall, not a holiday!
Happy 4th to all of us!!!
Elana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: New York - United States

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search