Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >
Powwow: Bristol, Bath, - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Bristol, Bath, - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Jane Griffiths (X)
Jane Griffiths (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:09
Italian to English
What about a city farm Feb 28, 2005

If you want to meet somewhere really child-friendly, how about meeting in a café at a city farm? I know that Windmill Hill City Farm has a café, and I think there's one at St Werburgh's too.

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
United Kingdom
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Nice suggestion Feb 28, 2005

I've been to the one in St Werburgh's ( farm not the cafe ) and the kids loved it. What does everyone else think? Would it be easier for everyone to meet in the centre perhaps?

ASA
ASA  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Central location Mar 2, 2005

I personally would prefer somewhere in central Bath or Bristol. Not too sure about meeting on a farm... and it would be good to cbe somewhere with a nice atmosphere

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
United Kingdom
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
any suggestions ASA? Mar 3, 2005

Yes central would be convenient, however the inhabitants of City farm are very well behaved I can assure you

ASA
ASA  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
powwow location Mar 20, 2005

If it's sunny(!) how about a picnic in a park? Victoria Park in Bath is a nice one(and has a playground)but we'd probably need a back up plan in case it rains!

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
United Kingdom
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Great place............. Mar 22, 2005

.......but what about the weather?!I love the Park and the Botanical gardens just up above it.

ASA
ASA  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
if raining Mar 30, 2005

Well, as you can never tell how the weather's going to be in this country, perhaps a picnic is not the most brilliant idea!

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
United Kingdom
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Any preferences for date, location? Apr 3, 2005

Hello everybody

Thought it was time I started to get things going, firstly is everyone ok more or less with the date? Sunday 15th May? PM? Say 3?

Possible venues:
1. Watershed
2. Boston Tea Party , Park St
3. City farm
4?
5?

P

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
United Kingdom
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
agenda suggestions? Apr 3, 2005

****** windows

Please feel free to add your own suggestions regarding venue, once this is sorted out we can get some loose agenda agreed upon. ( some ideas spring to mind like 1. "Certified" translations 2. Getting paid etc etc )

Cao

Mihailo

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
United Kingdom
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Getting organised May 1, 2005

Evening everybody

I'll be phoning to confirm a venue in the next few days but in the meantime I've got a few more topics together that may form the basis of some loose agenda. Here we go:

1. "Certified" Translations. 2. MONEY matters ( to include getting paid, tax, exchange rates etc etc )
3. Technical issues ( types of translation software, pc's, internet connections etc ).
4. Anything proz related.

Please, please, add anything you want to t
... See more
Evening everybody

I'll be phoning to confirm a venue in the next few days but in the meantime I've got a few more topics together that may form the basis of some loose agenda. Here we go:

1. "Certified" Translations. 2. MONEY matters ( to include getting paid, tax, exchange rates etc etc )
3. Technical issues ( types of translation software, pc's, internet connections etc ).
4. Anything proz related.

Please, please, add anything you want to the above list as I am sure to have missed something out. If we have 20 plus people turn up then it might be good to split people up into groups of say 3-4 and assign a topic to each group, discuss it and then come back to the whole group? If we have 10 or 15 or so people then it might be better to take the form of a general discussion following an agenda such as the one listed above?

What does everyone think?

Have a great bank holiday!!!

Regards

Mihailo
Collapse

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
United Kingdom
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Venue and time May 3, 2005

Evening all

Spoke to the Watershed manager today and they are really busy at weekends, we cant unfortunately book/reserve tables but if we come at 12 on Sunday it should be fine.

Hope thats ok with everybody.

Regards

Mihailo

Lisa Davey
Lisa Davey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
Venue and time May 4, 2005

Pardon my ignorance, but where exactly is the Watershed? Bristol or Bath?

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
United Kingdom
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
oops! May 4, 2005

here it is www.watershed.co.uk

regards

mihailo

Henriett Varga (X)
Henriett Varga (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Venue and time May 11, 2005

Dear Mihailolja and Translators,

I have checked the Watershed's website and it looks like a huge centre. Are we going to meet in the Cafe Bar at 12 am? How will I recognize you?

I am looking forward to meeting experienced translators, because I have just started working in this field. The draft agenda sounds interesting to me and I hope that I can be there on Sunday (90% sure). I will bring my boyfriend as well.

Have a great day!

Henriett

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
United Kingdom
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
venue and time May 11, 2005

Hi everybody

Good point. No doubt I will have some big piece of paper with the letters PROZ on our table (s).

Please try and get there early as they do get busy with people coming for lunches after 12.

See you there!

Mihailo

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Bristol, Bath, - United Kingdom

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »