Powwow: Taipei - Taiwan

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Taipei - Taiwan".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Wenjer Leuschel  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 15:53
English to Chinese
+ ...
The Powwow Meeting is still pending. Feb 1, 2005

Thank you very much for your support.

The Powwow Meeting is still waiting for approval. Please notify your freelance friends to come and register for the meeting. Then, can decide the place where we are going to hold the meeting.

I would appreciate if any one of you would like to do the report.

Cheers,
Wenjer (Beni)

Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Welcome, Yvonne! Feb 2, 2005

Dear Yvonne,

Welcome! But I need to tell you one thing: Please do not put your lowest rate less than USD 0.05, because it is not right for others. The international rates are different than we are used to in Taiwan. For instance, I never take any projects less than USD 0.08 per source word. We need to maintain a market order and let the translation agencies know that we are confident of our quality.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Wenjer (Beni)

Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Some more people will come and join us. Feb 5, 2005

There are some more people contacted me. They intend to join in. Probably, we will have more than 20 freelancers who would like to be members of the Association. Let's find some more to establish an effective and efficient network of cooperation in the sense of helping each other when translating texts we might not be familiar with.

Keep on, folks, and please notify your friends to join in! Thank you!

Cheers,
Wenjer (Beni)

Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Location where the Meeting is to be held Mar 24, 2005

Dear friends,

Though I am not quite sure now where the Meeting is to be held, I would like to offer a possible conference room at Howard International House Taipei, 30, Sec. 3, Xinsheng South Road, 106 Taipei.

I am still working on fund raising for the Meeting. If we are going to have more than 30 persons, we would need only NT$ 800 plus 10% surcharges per person for the Meeting, including the lunch, that is, when we are going to have a full day meeting from 8:30 to 17:00, because a half day meeting would not save much money.

Anyone who can help with fund raising and other jobs for the Meeting please contact me before April 15, 2005.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Wenjer (Beni)

Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Notice of Location & Confirmation Apr 16, 2005

Dear friends,

Many thanks to Susan and FiFi! We have found and booked a very nice place for our Meeting. The notice has been sent out per mail. Please confirm you attendance for an idea of the exact number of attendants.

By the way, we need a volunteer who will write the report. Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Wenjer (Beni)

Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Special Thanks to Anne Apr 16, 2005

Dear friends,

We need some ideas for the topics at the meeting. If you have any ideas, please send me a note for the agenda which will be made public one week before the Meeting.

Special thanks to Anne's offer for her assistance in doing the report. Anyone is welcome to take pictures at the meeting for the report.

Many thanks to all who have been providing ideas and assistance. I am pretty sure that we will have a fruitful meeting. Thanks to you all.

Cheers,
Wenjer (Beni)

Peter Smith  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Chinese to English
+ ...
Will attend (2 persons) Apr 17, 2005

Hi Beni,
Thanks for sorting out the venue. Will attend with partner translator - any idea of cost?
Cheers,
Peter

Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
About the location Apr 17, 2005

Dear friends,

The nearest metro station to the place where we are going to meet is Zhongxia-Xinsheng Station. It might take 5 to 10 minutes walk northward under a bridge to the venue, but no more than 10 minutes. Some people may like to take a bus to the place. It is only one stop northward from the Metro Station Zhongxiao-Xinsheng. Any bus in that direction may do.

Because of the capacity of the venue, I need to have an idea of the number of the participants. Please do confirm your attendance.

Cheers,
Wenjer (Beni)

P.S. To Peter: Two persons are noted. Thanks for your confirmation. The cost won't be more than NTD 250 for lunch. Maybe much less, because there will be a discount of 20% to 40% for us.

Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Any Question? Apr 30, 2005

Dear friends,

If there's still any question concerning the meeting tomorrow, just call me at 0952-200499 or 0952-156160.

See you.

Cheers,
Wenjer (Beni)

xxxwritestuff  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Chinese to English
Can't see the report May 17, 2005

As the author of the "report" on this meeting, I would very much like to be able to view it and to be assured that others are able to do so. Where is it?! Mark Rawson

stone118  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Can't see the report still May 20, 2005

wenjer,

I think you better:

1. Try upload the report again, see if we can see it this time.

2. Mail to the MIS of ProZ, tell her/him about the missing uploaded report. Maybe the missing is due to the system's deficiency.

best regards,
stone

Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
The Report Uploaded Again May 20, 2005

Now, I suppose, there was something wrong with the uploading and again I tried just a few minute ago.

As to the pictures, I found out that each of them are over 256KB and that could be the problem with the last uploading. If anyone wishes to have the pictures, please just let me know.

Cheers,
Wenjer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Taipei - Taiwan

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search