https://www.proz.com/forum/powwows/165877-powwow_pattaya_near_bangkok_thailand.html

Powwow: Pattaya -- near Bangkok - Thailand

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Pattaya -- near Bangkok - Thailand".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:15
English to Thai
+ ...
Please suggest place and time to meet Nov 26, 2005

Dear everyone:
I am looking forward to chat with everyone in Pattaya powwow this December 3rd.
Could we settle on the following points ?:
1) Where and when to gather? [I suggest 2 choice: 1-meet in daytime e.g. 13.00pm so that someone may return home if he/she is not living in pattaya, 2-meet in nighttime at 18.00 or, 19.00pm. I have no ideal about the shop and the food to eat but the place should not be too noisy or too large; a unique restaurant is expect….. Please propose
... See more
Dear everyone:
I am looking forward to chat with everyone in Pattaya powwow this December 3rd.
Could we settle on the following points ?:
1) Where and when to gather? [I suggest 2 choice: 1-meet in daytime e.g. 13.00pm so that someone may return home if he/she is not living in pattaya, 2-meet in nighttime at 18.00 or, 19.00pm. I have no ideal about the shop and the food to eat but the place should not be too noisy or too large; a unique restaurant is expect….. Please propose the one you prefer]
2) Agenda of the meeting [i.e. which items we want to exchange with our Proz friends. Someone suggest on interpretation and translation, international payment, job marketing]
3) Although Proz.com give use some Browniz for powwow, please bring with you an ID card to report.
4) I am living in Bangkok but will be at the gathering place by the appointment time. I will be there until the final stage.
5) Please have a camera to have some good photo.
Regards,
Soonthon Lupkitaro
Organizer
Collapse

Philip Tang
Philip Tang  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 23:15
Chinese
+ ...
Its count down time! Nov 27, 2005

I suggest we meet at 1-pm.
I also think you should make the decision on the 3 questions above and inform us (because there is not much time for survey)
The ulmost important thing is - have everyone confirm positively if he/she will DEFINITELY attend, this is not the time for a MAYBE answer!
Judge by what it looks right now, MAYBE its going to be only YOU and ME!
But sincerely I hope everyone will attend, and I am interested in exploring WHAT PROZ.COM can do for interpret
... See more
I suggest we meet at 1-pm.
I also think you should make the decision on the 3 questions above and inform us (because there is not much time for survey)
The ulmost important thing is - have everyone confirm positively if he/she will DEFINITELY attend, this is not the time for a MAYBE answer!
Judge by what it looks right now, MAYBE its going to be only YOU and ME!
But sincerely I hope everyone will attend, and I am interested in exploring WHAT PROZ.COM can do for interpreters (I think there is not enough done so far!)
Collapse

Virongrong Nikoonkarn
Virongrong Nikoonkarn
How about change to closer area? Nov 27, 2005

Dear Dr. Soonthon and Pals,
I really want to join this meeting, but I have to care my mom (80 yrs) too. So, I wish this meeting can be held in BKK or wherever nearer. I can't stay over night. So, a quiet restaurant or a restaurant with a room for karaoke will do for this. I think Bang Bua Restaurant is a nice place and we can book a karaoke room for our group. What do you think?
Faithfully,
Virongrong

Philip Tang
China
Chinese
+ ...
LET'S BE PRACTICAL! Nov 27, 2005

it might be easier to follow the following question answering steps:-
1. those who wish to attend, please say YES!
2. those who say YES, get to vote on locations - BKK or PATAYA
3. once the city location is firmed, vote on TIME
4. once time is clear, vote on MEETING PLACE.
5. once MEETING PLACE is clear, lets decide on TOPICS for discussion

I also think Dr. Soonthon should take charge and give us a few limited selections instead of free form discussion.
... See more
it might be easier to follow the following question answering steps:-
1. those who wish to attend, please say YES!
2. those who say YES, get to vote on locations - BKK or PATAYA
3. once the city location is firmed, vote on TIME
4. once time is clear, vote on MEETING PLACE.
5. once MEETING PLACE is clear, lets decide on TOPICS for discussion

I also think Dr. Soonthon should take charge and give us a few limited selections instead of free form discussion. TIME is the ESSENCE! we may not have the leisure to drag on in free form style discussion.

FYI - I prefer early afternoon meeting, either BKK or PATAYA is OK with me!
I am interested to explore WHAT PROZ.COM can do (MORE) for interpreters!
Collapse

KienTH
KienTH
English to Thai
+ ...
attend the meeting Nov 28, 2005

Since there are not so people to attend and all of us live in Bangkok, I prefer the meeting place in Bangkok, lunch time. I definitely will attend this meeting if it will be held in accordance with my preference.

Philip Tang
China
Chinese
+ ...
Is the event still on? Nov 30, 2005

I just notice the powwow rule: quote "If five people express interest, the event is on."
Since we have one organizer, 2 positive confirmations & 2 maybe, we might bearly make it!
Now, how about it?

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
English to Thai
+ ...
Pattaya powwow report Jan 5, 2006

Happy New Year everyone.
It is customary to write a long report.
It was actually held in Ladphrao, Bangkok.
But I will only record this event in brief.
Three participants (KienTH, CommuEase and myself) exchanged valuable experiences widely on role of Proz.com, how to keep healthy, how to maintain price level, how to improve writing skill through website, how to find new and good jobs.
Expecting a new round of powwow in Bangkok: Asoke, this January end.
I am o
... See more
Happy New Year everyone.
It is customary to write a long report.
It was actually held in Ladphrao, Bangkok.
But I will only record this event in brief.
Three participants (KienTH, CommuEase and myself) exchanged valuable experiences widely on role of Proz.com, how to keep healthy, how to maintain price level, how to improve writing skill through website, how to find new and good jobs.
Expecting a new round of powwow in Bangkok: Asoke, this January end.
I am overwhelmed with oversea job through Proz.com -:)
With my best regards,
SL
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Pattaya -- near Bangkok - Thailand

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »