Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Powwow: Bordeaux - France

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Bordeaux - France".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Helene Diu
Helene Diu  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:31
Member (2004)
English to French
Un verre ça va, trois verres... Nov 28, 2005

Bonjour, la suggestion d'une rencontre autour d'un verre me semble une très bonne idée. Un lieu à proximité de tramway serait idéal. Pour ma part j'arriverai en train.

frenchloki (X)
frenchloki (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Lieu Nov 30, 2005

Je vais proposer un lieu dans le centre, près du tramway: Il y a un tram de la gare pour le centre.

LadyofEpsom
LadyofEpsom
Italian to French
Confirmation Dec 8, 2005

Je suis interprète/traductrice sur Bordeaux et participerai avec plaisir à cette rencontre.

LadyofEpsom
LadyofEpsom
Italian to French
Lieu Dec 8, 2005

La brasserie "La Concorde" -dans le centre de Bordeaux et tout près des arrêts de Bus et tram- pourrait être un lieu sympathique pour cette rencontre. Emmanuelle Jourdan

frenchloki (X)
French to English
+ ...
A suggestion for lunch. Dec 8, 2005

Here's a suggestion for the meeting: we meet at 10 or 11 a.m. to talk shop, and then have lunch. I just got this proposal from a friend and I thought it might be a fun thing for us all to attend. Could I have some feedback on this?
"Forget those post Christmas blues and kick start the weekend with lunch on Friday 13th January in the centre of Bordeaux followed by a digestif of fine Cognac. Learn about its origins and production from a member of an old Cognac family. Simon Trevor and Jea
... See more
Here's a suggestion for the meeting: we meet at 10 or 11 a.m. to talk shop, and then have lunch. I just got this proposal from a friend and I thought it might be a fun thing for us all to attend. Could I have some feedback on this?
"Forget those post Christmas blues and kick start the weekend with lunch on Friday 13th January in the centre of Bordeaux followed by a digestif of fine Cognac. Learn about its origins and production from a member of an old Cognac family. Simon Trevor and Jean-Pierre Roux of Castel-Sablons will tell you the story and guide you through the diversity of Cognac at L’Escale Provencale, 59 rue du Palais Gallien starting at 12.30. Lunch comprises 3 courses, a glass of wine and coffee for €15.00, and of course a ‘tutored’ tasting of top quality Cognac. For those of you who claim not to like Cognac, if we cannot change your mind, then there is always the excellent Pineaux des Charentes that the family make as well as their celebrated ‘Brulot Charentais’."
Collapse

Rod Darby (X)
Rod Darby (X)  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 09:31
German to English
+ ...
lovely idea, anne! Dec 9, 2005

I think I've decided to come by train (from the other side of Montauban) - can we reach the rue du Palais Gallien on foot from "La Concorde" (should we decide on the latter)?

Helene Diu
France
Member (2004)
English to French
Suits me too! Dec 9, 2005

My train would arrive at 10:23 at Bdx Saint Jean. I'm not a cognac fan, but Pineaux sounds very nice

LadyofEpsom
LadyofEpsom
Italian to French
L'Escale Provençale Dec 9, 2005

"L'Escale Provence" would be a very pleasant place to have lunch. The food is very nice there.

Audrey Fermon-Terraza (X)
Audrey Fermon-Terraza (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Great idea! Dec 9, 2005

This sounds great to me too! And Rod, the rue du Palais Gallien is a 10-15 min walk on foot from the Quinconces Tramway station (Tramway C at Gare Saint Jean). Now if we meet earlier, close to the Quinconces would be a good idea for those of you who'll come by train.

frenchloki (X)
French to English
+ ...
Confirmation Jan 6, 2006

Bonjour tout le monde et meilleurs voeux!
La proposition retenue me semble être la suivante:
Rencontre amicale commencant entre 10h30 et 11h00, suivie d'un dejeuner à l'Escale Provençale à 12h30. Après, on verra.... Je vais réserver un espace pour la rencontre et vous aviserai.
Je dois confirmer le nombre pour le déjeuner d'ici deux jours - pourriez-vous me confirmer votre présence?

Natalie Hamela (X)
Natalie Hamela (X)  Identity Verified
French to German
aprés le déjeuner Jan 6, 2006

Bonne année 2006 à tout le monde! Je vais vous rejoindre aprés le déjeuner, s'il y a quelque chose prévu, car je donne des cours vers midi. - Je me suis rendue compte maintenant que c'est vendredi et pas samedi, dommage.

Katy Plokarz
Katy Plokarz
German to French
+ ...
hélas Jan 6, 2006

La nounou de ma fille doit cesser son activité et la mairie ne m'a pour l'instant accordé que le mardi et le jeudi pour la cantine... Un coup dans l'eau pour moi, sincèrement désolée ! Bon, je garde encore l'espoir de contacter la baby-sitter...

frenchloki (X)
French to English
+ ...
Straw Poll Jan 7, 2006

A quick straw poll - given that some of our colleagues find it difficult to make it on a Friday, how many people would prefer if it was on Saturday 14th?

Helene Diu
France
Member (2004)
English to French
friday or saturday fine Jan 7, 2006

Hi all, I can make it on both these days, so count me in whatever the day.

Rod Darby (X)
Rod Darby (X)  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 09:31
German to English
+ ...
saturday is fine by me Jan 7, 2006

just completed my move to Damiatte. Saturday is fine, Friday is fine, 10:30-11:00 is fine - where do we meet?

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Bordeaux - France

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »