Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >
Powwow: Toronto - Canada

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Toronto - Canada".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Eva Ballentine (X)
Eva Ballentine (X)  Identity Verified
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Ideas Jan 13, 2006

Dear Christine:
I agree with you and I am very open for any suggestion. This is why I am calling all the places anyone metions. I had the sdm,ae idea s you, close to the Union Station, since the Winterlicius is going on the spaces are very limited.

I am including a link to the Winterliciuos website to those who are not sure what that is.

I was also looking into Aqua. Aqua is right at Union Station. I also thought of Marche but they do not take reservations. I
... See more
Dear Christine:
I agree with you and I am very open for any suggestion. This is why I am calling all the places anyone metions. I had the sdm,ae idea s you, close to the Union Station, since the Winterlicius is going on the spaces are very limited.

I am including a link to the Winterliciuos website to those who are not sure what that is.

I was also looking into Aqua. Aqua is right at Union Station. I also thought of Marche but they do not take reservations. I will try them again.

http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restaurants.nsf/winterlicious?openform
Collapse

Christine Lam
Christine Lam  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:52
German to English
+ ...
Winterlicious Jan 13, 2006

yes, Eva, I was thinking of Winterlicous too, this is a great opportunity to try some nice meals (I did it in the summer when they had similar specials on).

Eva Ballentine (X)
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Bojana is not available Jan 13, 2006

Bojana sent me an e-mail. She is dealing with some family issues and she will not be attending this event. I am happy to make the reservations and all, just let me know what you think. Again, I do not have a personal preference and I will call any restaurants you may suggest. I will provide an honest, objective post about what the restaurant has to say.

sporran
sporran  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:52
French to English
+ ...
YES Jan 13, 2006

But this is confusing - I see that Bojana says she will not attend, so who is now organising ? I don't mind whether we go to the Boiler House or the Spaghetti Factory, but I definitely prefer Toronto to Oakville.I will fit in with the majority. I would like to know if there's an agenda, though!

uFO
uFO  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 15:52
Korean to English
+ ...
Definite yes for a Toronto location Jan 13, 2006

Hi all,
I am fine with either Spaghetti factory or the Bolier house or any other place in Toronto. I'll be definitely attending if the powwow is in Toronto.

Iolanta Vlaykova Paneva
Iolanta Vlaykova Paneva  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Where finaly Jan 13, 2006

We don't need a special place to see each other.The most important is to be convinient for most of us.Who will organize ,where we will meet ?

Edward LIU
Edward LIU  Identity Verified
Canada
Chinese to English
+ ...
Spaghetti Factory is closer to the TTC Jan 13, 2006

Spaghetti Factory is closer to the TTC. So it can be the first choice.

Eva Ballentine (X)
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Choices Jan 13, 2006

My take on the how "special" it needs to be...We should be able to hear each other without shouting....
My take on the “how special" it needs to be”... we should be able to hear each other without shouting....

AQUA (Corner of Yonge and Front at BCE place)
Even though the Winterlicious Festival is happening in Aqua also, they do serve a la cart as well. It is not a cheap place and their Winterlicious menu is outstanding and an amasing value. Aqua is in the BCE Plac
... See more
My take on the how "special" it needs to be...We should be able to hear each other without shouting....
My take on the “how special" it needs to be”... we should be able to hear each other without shouting....

AQUA (Corner of Yonge and Front at BCE place)
Even though the Winterlicious Festival is happening in Aqua also, they do serve a la cart as well. It is not a cheap place and their Winterlicious menu is outstanding and an amasing value. Aqua is in the BCE Place and can be accessed underground from the subway or from Union Station.

$20 Lunch
plus taxes and gratuity

Acqua’s Daily Market Soup
or
PEI Mussels
steamed in a coconut green curry lemongrass broth
or
Mixed Baby Salad Greens & Seedlings
with a pear ginger vinaigrette

Fusilli Pasta
With sweet chorizo, tomatoes, spinach & roasted garlic olive oil
or
Spicy Lamb, Pine nut and Arugula
thin crust pizza
or
Chicken, Mushroom & Pearl Onion Pie
with chive whipped mashed potatoes

Acqua’s Maple Crème Brulee
or
White Chocolate Parfait
with espresso & crushed Biscotti

Shopsy’s (NE Corner of Yonge and Front)
Shopsy’s is a Deli Restaurant, quality food for the money
They would be able to seat us to a more private section. (I never been there.)
They told me that is not to loud and we would be able to hear each other.

The details of the other two places, the Old Spaghetti Factory and the Boiler House are above.

We would meet at 12 PM.
I will need you to decide between the four options. I also need to know who will attend.

If you wish to e-mail me, please do so.
Collapse

Christine Lam
German to English
+ ...
thanks, Eva / deadline for signing up / next steps Jan 13, 2006

First, I wish to extend my thanks to Eva on behalf of everyone for getting the ball rolling.
My vote goes to Aqua.
I would suggest that everyone update their entry above, specifying whether they will attend or not (no maybes) and indicating their first choice of the four restaurants by Sunday night in order to make the necessary reservation.
It would be nice if someone would volunteer to organize the agenda (maybe someone with previous powwow experience?)

PanPeter
PanPeter  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Polish to English
+ ...
Who will be a responsible person Jan 13, 2006

If Bojana will not attend then perhaps we should find another person willing to organize everything, change the date or call off the whole event. Who would like to take over?

Christine Lam
German to English
+ ...
just postpone a few weeks Jan 13, 2006

It would be a shame to call it off, but maybe we need to find someone to replace Bojana and have a few more weeks to get it organized properly? A lot of legwork in terms of location has been done already

uFO
uFO  Identity Verified
South Korea
Korean to English
+ ...
why postpone? Jan 13, 2006

It seems like we have already decided on the date and time and narrowed down the locaton to downtown Toronto, thanks to Eva... Plus there is still two weeks before the event...

uFO
uFO  Identity Verified
South Korea
Korean to English
+ ...
p.s. Jan 13, 2006

Aqua does sound pretty good...

Inese Poga-Smith
Inese Poga-Smith  Identity Verified
Canada
Latvian to English
+ ...
NP Jan 13, 2006

I think Eva already has done so much calling all those restaurants and finding out menus that she could take the organization over without any problems. Don't you agree? It would be stupid to postpone the whole event now just because Bojana can't attend it. Besides if it takes place in Toronto I'll be there for sure.

Eva Ballentine (X)
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Visit the websites, read the menus and decide Jan 13, 2006

Really, we just need to choose between the locations. Does not matter what the date would be, the locations would stay the same. Three places are very close to Union Station, the fourth is a 'bit further. The three places that are the closest (in the following order) Aqua, Shopsy's and Old Spaghe... See more
Really, we just need to choose between the locations. Does not matter what the date would be, the locations would stay the same. Three places are very close to Union Station, the fourth is a 'bit further. The three places that are the closest (in the following order) Aqua, Shopsy's and Old Spaghetti Factory.

Aqua: http://www.acqua.ca/home.html
Shopsy's: http://www.shopsys.ca/
Old Spaghetti Factory: http://www.oldspaghettifactory.net/
The Boiler House: http://boilerhouse.ca/

Afteer we decided on the location and on who will attend, I will make the reservation.

Did any of you attend any of the powwows before? Is there any specific issue you would like to talk about?
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Toronto - Canada

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »