Powwow: London - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: London - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Alina Matei
Alina Matei  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:35
English to Romanian
+ ...
Punch and Judy? Oct 18, 2006

As the meeting time is getting closer, I thought about a place to at least meet: how about the Punch and Judy pub in the Covent Garden Market? (see http://www.coventgardenlife.com/places.asp?PlaceID=102). I've been there before and it seems really nice.

After everyone arrives, maybe we can move on to grab something to eat, have some more drinks, possibly a late lunch?
... See more
As the meeting time is getting closer, I thought about a place to at least meet: how about the Punch and Judy pub in the Covent Garden Market? (see http://www.coventgardenlife.com/places.asp?PlaceID=102). I've been there before and it seems really nice.

After everyone arrives, maybe we can move on to grab something to eat, have some more drinks, possibly a late lunch?

I'm (as usual) keen to know what people think, so either post your comments here or just email me directly.

Hope to see you all soon.
Collapse

Arianna Tremayne
Arianna Tremayne  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:05
German to English
+ ...
Nice venue Oct 19, 2006

I looked at the link supplied and think it is a nice venue. As long as we have enough space for all of us and I am allowed the odd cigarette...

Arianna Tremayne
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
It is getting a bit late... Oct 27, 2006

As some of us might have to travel tomorrow to reach the location in time, it might be wise to decide on it now?! What do you think?

Katharina Wawrzon-Stewart
Katharina Wawrzon-Stewart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
Apologies Oct 28, 2006

Sorry I didn't make it today - I had a busy week and needed some rest. Shame because I was looking forward to catching up with everyone and meeting new people. Alina - if you have some time and energy left, how about a pre-Christmas powwow?

Magan
Magan  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
thanks for the nice time Oct 28, 2006

Girls, thank you all for the nice afternoon. And specially Alina, (as usual) our favourite and wonderful organiser. I had a really nice time with all of you.
......and ready for the next one.

Arianna Tremayne
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
I second that Oct 28, 2006

It is always nice to catch up with you and have some 'girly' time. I thoroughly enjoyed it - as always! Thanks to Alina and the 'crew'!

Arianna Tremayne
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
@Katharina Oct 28, 2006

We have had talks about it and were even thinking of doing a 'Secret Santa' - Alina's idea!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: London - United Kingdom

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »