https://www.proz.com/forum/powwows/166843-powwow_dublin_ireland.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Powwow: Dublin - Ireland

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Dublin - Ireland".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Marc Sejourné
Marc Sejourné  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Local time: 01:16
English to French
In memoriam
Sorry for last time Aug 1, 2007

I said I would come and... bad deadline! I am Marc, EN->FR free lance translator (for 8 years), and I would be happy to meet with colleagues. See ya there!

Diana Nacu (X)
Diana Nacu (X)  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 19:16
Romanian to English
+ ...
Organiser??? Aug 3, 2007

Hi Valentina,

If you are up for organising this, you are most welcome to do it! If you need help with that, you can e-mail me or ask someone from the people who will (hopefully) register for this event to be your co-organiser. Not a big deal really - just reservations and some directions.

Best wishes and see you all soon,

Diana

TIL Ltd (X)
TIL Ltd (X)
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
looking for a co-organizer Aug 3, 2007

I don't care about points..ahah

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Organizer for this event Aug 8, 2007

Hi All,

My name is Romina and I'm in charge of providing support to powwow organizers. I'd need to appoint someone as the organizer of this event because I have created a private forum only accessible to Powwow organizers where I'm posting the information about this special event . However, in practice there could be two organizers and I can split the browniz between them.
Anna
... See more
Hi All,

My name is Romina and I'm in charge of providing support to powwow organizers. I'd need to appoint someone as the organizer of this event because I have created a private forum only accessible to Powwow organizers where I'm posting the information about this special event . However, in practice there could be two organizers and I can split the browniz between them.
Anna and Valen83: can you please write to me to [email protected].

Regards,
Romina
Collapse

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Identity verification Aug 8, 2007

Diana,

Since your identity has already been verified, would you like to verify the identities of those attending this powwow? If so, please submit a support ticket asking for the right to verify ids at the powwow.
Thanks,
Romina

TIL Ltd (X)
TIL Ltd (X)
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
next pow wow Aug 8, 2007

Hi all!
Anna and I are trying to organize the next pow wow.
Can you let us know who will be available asap?
i thought that it could be really nice if we will bring typical food of our home coutnry or somethign similar.
Still have to pick up the place but I will prefer soemthing more informal than a restaurant so that we will have the chance of walk and have a chat with everybody there.
Let me know what you think about it. Every suggestion and proposal is more than
... See more
Hi all!
Anna and I are trying to organize the next pow wow.
Can you let us know who will be available asap?
i thought that it could be really nice if we will bring typical food of our home coutnry or somethign similar.
Still have to pick up the place but I will prefer soemthing more informal than a restaurant so that we will have the chance of walk and have a chat with everybody there.
Let me know what you think about it. Every suggestion and proposal is more than welcome
Thanks
Val
Collapse

ANNA BLAZ
ANNA BLAZ  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:16
German to Polish
+ ...
Organiser Aug 8, 2007

HI Romina

Valentina contacted me so we will organise this event together

Diana Nacu (X)
Ireland
Romanian to English
+ ...
To Romina re ID verification Aug 9, 2007

Hi Romina! I can do the ID verification. Will submit ticket asap.

Thanks again for your involvement!

Diana

Diana Nacu (X)
Ireland
Romanian to English
+ ...
September, September Aug 9, 2007

Hi Vale and Anna,

Glad to hear you are organising this. I guess you must have some kind of picnic in mind. I would definitely be up for that, although you can't really count on the weather at the end of Sept (or June, July and August for that matter....
I guess the theme should be the theme of the day - translation, translation, translation...

It will be fairly quiet for a while because people ar
... See more
Hi Vale and Anna,

Glad to hear you are organising this. I guess you must have some kind of picnic in mind. I would definitely be up for that, although you can't really count on the weather at the end of Sept (or June, July and August for that matter....
I guess the theme should be the theme of the day - translation, translation, translation...

It will be fairly quiet for a while because people are on hols, but most people resurface by mid-September, so we'll know how many we are then.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Diana
Collapse

ANNA BLAZ
ANNA BLAZ  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:16
German to Polish
+ ...
Pow wow location Aug 10, 2007

HI guys!

I was going to reserve a free space in BaMizu pub in Houth, however now I think that the idea of picnic is the best.

Romina is responsible for promoting this event to agencies and companies, so the only thing we have to do is to organise this event.

Adam Brozynski mentioned Killiney Hill Park. He also would like to take pictures.

I will contact him regarding this issue.

Regards,
Anna

TIL Ltd (X)
TIL Ltd (X)
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
Organizer Aug 15, 2007

I cna organize the pow wow but I need all your support in order to organzie a pleasant and funny event

TIL Ltd (X)
TIL Ltd (X)
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
Suggestion time Aug 17, 2007

Hi guys,
the pic nic sounds nice but it is a kind of mission impossible. I would rather book an indoor place .
What do u think?
Let me know asap
Thanks
See you soon
XX
Val

Diana Nacu (X)
Ireland
Romanian to English
+ ...
Indoors... but floating Aug 17, 2007

Yep, I think a picnic will be mission impossible! Don't think summer is coming at all this year, so we would be better off in some restaurant. Another Prozian suggested "La Péniche", a floating restaurant on the canal (a barge that serves dinner while cruising along the canal): www.lapeniche.ie for another event, and the place seems quite nice indeed.

Diana

Diana Nacu (X)
Ireland
Romanian to English
+ ...
Connected boat Aug 23, 2007

Hi Valentina,

I'm not sure whether there is a hot spot on or around that boat, but even if there is, we will lose the connection once the boat casts off.
But I like the idea of boating around Dublin.
Do you have any other place in mind? If you wish to link up with the others, check that they have wireless in the place we are going to (and free...
See more
Hi Valentina,

I'm not sure whether there is a hot spot on or around that boat, but even if there is, we will lose the connection once the boat casts off.
But I like the idea of boating around Dublin.
Do you have any other place in mind? If you wish to link up with the others, check that they have wireless in the place we are going to (and free.

Diana

This message from: VALEN83
----------------------

I am sending information about a powwow in which you
expressed an interest.

Hi guys,
I hope that you are having a good time in spite of the
Irish summer.
Romina asked me to pick up a time for the pow wow. I think
that meeting in the afternoon could be better so that we
will have plenty of tiem to talk and no transport problem.

What do you think of Diana's suggestion about La Peniche ?

There's also the possibilty of an Internet real tiem
connection with another pow wow.Do you think we will be
able to have Internet connection?

Let me know
Best of luck with your translations
See you all soon
Valentina
Collapse

Diana Nacu (X)
Ireland
Romanian to English
+ ...
Past powwow Aug 23, 2007

Hi Val,

Diana again!
Make sure you contact all the people who attended the last event. None of them seem to have signed up here, so they might not know about this. We were about 15 last time and all willing to meet up again.

Diana

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Dublin - Ireland

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »