Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Powwow: Brisbane - Australia

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Brisbane - Australia".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

ELisabeth Luhrs
ELisabeth Luhrs  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 05:29
German to English
+ ...
10th Sep 30, 2007

I am disappointed that I won't be able to make it as we leave the area on the morning of the 10th. Hopefully next time. Hope you all have fun.

Trinh Do
Trinh Do  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2007)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
See you there. Oct 1, 2007

Hi everyone,

OK, due to Janet's jet lag, I think it's best to leave it at lunch time - Sat. 13th, as before. I'm asking my friend along.

Trinh Do
Australia
Member (2007)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Confirmed date of October 13 Oct 4, 2007

Hi everyone,

I am confirming the date of October 13 - lunch time at Belgian Beer Cafe Brussels,Edward Street
Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia
+61 7 3221 0199

Kaiya J. Diannen
Kaiya J. Diannen  Identity Verified
Australia
German to English
Time... Oct 4, 2007

Hi there, I will do my best to make it, but "lunch time" is still a bit vague. Could we put down at least a specific starting point?

Trinh Do
Australia
Member (2007)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
12.00 noon - Brisbane time Oct 4, 2007

This is to be precise. See you there, everyone. It's a nice place. And convenient to get there by train, bus, etc. Lots of shopping places nearby too.

Trinh Do
Australia
Member (2007)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
To those who miss out for various reasons Oct 11, 2007

I'm just wondering why some people miss out. Surely, it was around for more than 1 month on Proz.com. News of our discussion will be posted by one of us. I notice nothing is happening in Sydney, anything coming up down there?

Toralf Mjelde
Toralf Mjelde  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:29
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
Why I miss out... Oct 11, 2007

I am moving to the US next week, and naturally have quite a lot to do. Sorry...

Véronique d'Ursel
Véronique d'Ursel
Australia
English to French
+ ...
Reasons for missing out Oct 11, 2007

I imagine that those who are missing out, like me, have good reasons. In my case it is related to family commitments but I can think of many other reasons why one may miss out.

I look forward to meeting you all at the next opportunity.

Claudia Ait-Touati
Claudia Ait-Touati  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:59
English to Dutch
+ ...
reason for missing out Oct 11, 2007

Hi Trinh, Yes, it's always a pity when not many people show up, but that's life. For me it's because I have family commitments and many, many expenses as a result of other trips (to Sydney for the fantastic AUSIT event that you all might want to visit: the Excellence Awards plus the AGM) and one overseas trip. On the other hand; powwows can be very interesting and rich even with a small amount of people. Enjoy your time and hopefully next time I will be there. I love Brizzy!

ELisabeth Luhrs
ELisabeth Luhrs  Identity Verified
Australia
German to English
+ ...
Reason for missing out Oct 11, 2007

I live 4 hours west of Brisbane inland and have just left the Gold Coast yesterday as we only have one vehicle and my husband had work commitments. Very unfortunate to miss this great event and missing out on meeting some wonderful colleagues. Hopefully next time! Enjoy your get together.

Trinh Do
Australia
Member (2007)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Booked table Oct 12, 2007

The table is booked under "Proz.com-Translators", under my name - "Trinh Do". See you all there. Lots of ideas coming up.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Brisbane - Australia

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »