Powwow: Tokyo - Japan

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Tokyo - Japan".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

KathyT
KathyT  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 03:12
Japanese to English
Yes, there is WiFi! Oct 4, 2009

I would also like to make a correction.
The focus of Maynard Hogg's presentation is on TM technology in general, using OmegaT as an example.
See you at 1pm!

KathyT
Australia
Japanese to English
ALL ORGANIZED! Please confirm your attendance. Sep 26, 2009

Hi everyone,
Sorry for being so slow with the updates.
It’s GREAT to see so many people have signed up – I’m really looking forward to putting faces to some familiar names (and meeting new ones)!!

OK, so have now arranged a great venue for our Powwow as follows: (Some of you may already know it? )
... See more
Hi everyone,
Sorry for being so slow with the updates.
It’s GREAT to see so many people have signed up – I’m really looking forward to putting faces to some familiar names (and meeting new ones)!!

OK, so have now arranged a great venue for our Powwow as follows: (Some of you may already know it? )

THE PINK COW in Shibuya http://www.thepinkcow.com/
(Directly across from Aoyama Park Tower), Villa Moderuna B1, 1-3-18 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku Tokyo, 150-0002 (Tel: 03-3406-5597)

Time: 1pm~3pm-ish
Cost: 2,500 yen – for delicious buffet lunch and including 1 drink.

For detailed directions and downloadable map:
(EN) http://www.thepinkcow.com/NewMap_e.htm
(JP) http://www.thepinkcow.com/NewMap_j.htm

The Pink Cow doesn’t usually open until 5pm, so we will have the venue to ourselves for lunch (貸切です). They are going to put on a really nice buffet lunch for us and the first drink will be included.
For anyone interested in continuing on afterwards, I happen to know that Juan Luis knows a great place nearby that would be perfect for a 二次会. (Yoroshiku, Juan Luis!! )

Presentations:
This is a call for any volunteers that might like to give a short presentation about any translation-related topic.
Suggested themes could include TM software, your experiences working with agencies (or as an agency/outsourcer), handling the business side of things (tax, what type of business to set up [sole proprietor, LLC/合同会社, etc.]), or tips on improving skills, client-base, workflow, QA, etc.

I currently have one tentative presentation but would love it if another 1~2 people were interested. The Pink Cow is all set up with microphones, projector/screens – all you need to do is bring a laptop (or if you would prefer to just bring your saved presentation on a thumb drive or similar, let me know and I will see if I can organize a laptop, etc.)

So! Now I need to confirm numbers for Sunday 4th October. Could you kindly confirm whether you are able to make it (please let me know as soon as possible so I can advise the Pink Cow of the number of people to cater for). You are welcome to bring friends/colleagues with you – please just let me know how many!

I look forward to seeing you there!
Warm regards,

Kathy
Collapse

KathyT
Australia
Japanese to English
Final Call! Oct 3, 2009

Hello!
Thanks so much to those people that have edited their status to indicate whether or not they can come. If you have not yet done so, please let me know whether you can come so I can advise the Pink Cow of how many people to cater for.

Here's the buffet lunch menu:

Sliced Roast Chicken with Herb Sauce
Sliced Roast Pork with Grain Mustard Sauce
Fresh Garden Salad with Tofu
Guacamole & Homemade Chips
Cole Slaw Salad
Tuna & Macaro
... See more
Hello!
Thanks so much to those people that have edited their status to indicate whether or not they can come. If you have not yet done so, please let me know whether you can come so I can advise the Pink Cow of how many people to cater for.

Here's the buffet lunch menu:

Sliced Roast Chicken with Herb Sauce
Sliced Roast Pork with Grain Mustard Sauce
Fresh Garden Salad with Tofu
Guacamole & Homemade Chips
Cole Slaw Salad
Tuna & Macaroni Salad
B-B-Q Style Grilled Tofu
Cheese Ball & Crackers
Fresh Bread
Mixed Bean & Vegetable Curry
Chicken Curry Jamaican Style
Rice
Dessert Plate

では、明日お逢いできることを楽しみにしております。皆さん、よろしくお願いします。

Edited to add:
Maynard Hogg has graciously agreed to give a presentation about OmegaT translation memory software.
A couple of other colleagues have kindly agreed to give impromptu presentations also. If you would also like to say few words, please let me know either by emailing me through my profile, or I can be contacted on 050-5532-7726.
よろしく!
Collapse

cinefil
cinefil  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 01:12
Member (2005)
French to Japanese
+ ...
WIFI Oct 3, 2009

WIFI is available in Pink Cow?

Gertraud K.
Gertraud K.  Identity Verified
Japan
Japanese to German
+ ...
which time? Oct 3, 2009

when starts the powwow

Gertraud K.
Gertraud K.  Identity Verified
Japan
Japanese to German
+ ...
13:00 Oct 3, 2009

Oh, I saw it just now.
About 13:00, right?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Tokyo - Japan

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »