Powwow: Nottingham - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Nottingham - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Languageman
Languageman  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:24
German to English
+ ...
Thanks for coming Apr 26, 2010

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone for coming to the Powwow on Saturday, it was great to see some new faces and catch up with friends from previous Powwows. My report is now online (tinyurl.com/39cxljx) and I have completed the attendance list, so you should all get your Browniz soon.

Hasta luego, bis bald, すぐに参照してください, до скорой встречи, see you soon, até logo, tot ziens

Stephen

Sarah Appleby (X)
Sarah Appleby (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
Muchos gracias, Languageman Apr 27, 2010

for a nice relaxed afternoon at Shaw\'s. Lovely to see you all.

Dierk Widmann
Dierk Widmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:24
English to German
It was great Apr 27, 2010

Great to see all the old hands and new faces. Great to have a break out in Nottingham. Let\'s see if I can persuade the girls to come over next time. Thank you for organising things, Languageman!

Carla Davidson
Carla Davidson  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nice to meet you all Apr 27, 2010

Thanks for swooping in with your cape and organising a successful Powwow, Languageman. It was really good to meet all of you and hear your views on the translation world and German beers amongst other topics. I look forward to the next Powwow and if any of you happen to be passing through Derby, even if it’s because you took a wrong turn, feel free to drop me a line!

All the best,

Carla

Dierk Widmann
Dierk Widmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:24
English to German
Derby Apr 27, 2010

Interesting you should say that, Carla. We have yet to visit Derby. Perhaps this calls for a Powwow in Derbyshire/Derby... (What with Matlock and all.)

Victoria Penrice
Victoria Penrice  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
Большое спасибо! Apr 27, 2010

It was so nice to meet up with like-minded (albeit much more experienced) people in a nice relaxed atmosphere.. Thank you so much for organising this powwow, Stephen, and for letting me have a sneak preview of what a full-time translation career has in store for the aspiring. By the way, I have followed your advice with my language settings, so now I\'ll just need to upgrade my membership, and Bob\'s your auntie: I may even get some work from Proz.com!

Mattijs, I\'ve had a look at t
... See more
It was so nice to meet up with like-minded (albeit much more experienced) people in a nice relaxed atmosphere.. Thank you so much for organising this powwow, Stephen, and for letting me have a sneak preview of what a full-time translation career has in store for the aspiring. By the way, I have followed your advice with my language settings, so now I\'ll just need to upgrade my membership, and Bob\'s your auntie: I may even get some work from Proz.com!

Mattijs, I\'ve had a look at the Total Commander screenshots, too - they look pretty good, so thank you for mentioning this software! I still have lots more questions about the trade, so I am looking forward to the next Powwow!)

Best wishes,

Victoria
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Nottingham - United Kingdom

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »