https://www.proz.com/forum/powwows/168739-powwow_freiburg_im_breisgau_germany.html

Powwow: Freiburg Im Breisgau - Germany

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Freiburg Im Breisgau - Germany".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

peiling
peiling  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:07
Chinese to English
+ ...
Location Apr 7, 2010

First off, thanks for signing up, everyone! I really appreciate that.

Second, I'm thinking if the weather's warm enough, we can meet at the biergarten of Feierling (Gerberau 46, 79098 Freiburg; http://feierling.de/). Any other suggestions on a suitable venue is most welcome!

I look forward to meeting you!

Hermeneutica
Hermeneutica  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Dutch to English
+ ...
Feierling Apr 13, 2010

Hi there, their website says the Biergarten is open from May onwards ... otherwise there is always that nice place on the Muensterplatz ...

peiling
Germany
Chinese to English
+ ...
Muensterplatz Apr 13, 2010

Do you have the name of the café‎ you have in mind, Hermeneutica? I know there are a few there with nice outdoor seating but I've never tried the café‎ there yet.

Hermeneutica
Switzerland
Dutch to English
+ ...
Muensterplatz Apr 14, 2010

Hiya, I think I mean Oberkirch or, from memory and positioning in regard to the Muenster tower, what is now Ganter ... which, surprisingly to me, has good reviews anyway ...

peiling
Germany
Chinese to English
+ ...
Ganter Brauereiausschank Apr 14, 2010

Thanks for the recommendation, Hermeneutica. I think it'll make a fine Powwow venue. Let's do this, then.

Hermeneutica
Switzerland
Dutch to English
+ ...
Ganter v. Feierling Apr 15, 2010

Don't get me wrong, Feierling is very nice too, we used to go there a lot in my student days, it's just if we want to be seated outside ... Anyway we are a small group so come what may weather- or otherwise we'll find a nice place!

peiling
Germany
Chinese to English
+ ...
Weather Apr 15, 2010

No problem. I'm also interested in trying out a different brewery and the location of Ganter is quite strategic. If it turns chilly etc we can always move indoors or even proceed to Feierling... we have a backup.

peiling
Germany
Chinese to English
+ ...
A sunny 15°C Apr 16, 2010

is forecasted for Freiburg tomorrow! Don't forget our get-together at 2pm at Ganter's.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Freiburg Im Breisgau - Germany

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »