Powwow: Ottawa - Canada

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Ottawa - Canada".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Marc Rizkallah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:49
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Come one, come all! Venez nombreux ! Jun 30, 2010

Hello, translators and interpreters in Canada's National Capital Region!

According to this article from ATIO, the National Capital region boasts 41% of the province's translators. Surely, then, there are enough people who want to get together for a dinner downtown on a lovely Saturday evening!

This is my first PowWoW so I'm open to suggestions - I'm certainly looking forward to meeting you and exchanging industry information.
I'm thinking someplace in the Market, Little Italy, Picnic pot-luck ... (?)

Please sign up here. It's free and will be fun!

Hope to see you there,
Marc Rizkallah
Ottawa PowWoW Organizer
613-864-6272
Bonjour, traducteurs et interprètes de la région de la capitale nationale du Canada !

Selon cet article de l'ATIO, la région de la capitale nationale compte 41% des traducteurs de la province. Il y aura donc sûrement quelques-uns qui voudront se réunir pour un souper en ville un agréable samedi soir !

Ceci est mon premier PowWoW, donc je suis ouvert aux suggestions - j'ai certainement hâte de vous rencontrer et d'échanger des informations sur l'industrie.
J'ai pensé au marché, la petite Italie, pique-nique pot-luck ... (?)

Inscrivez-vous ici. C'est gratuit et ça va être amusant !

En espérant vous y voir,
Marc Rizkallah
Organisateur PowWoW Ottawa

[Edited at 2010-07-02 17:42 GMT]

Marc Rizkallah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:49
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Update and Location / Nouvelles et endroit Jul 13, 2010

Hi everyone,

Looking forward to meeting you in just 4 days. Odette was very helpful and suggested we have a potluck at Dows Lake, so if there are no objections (the forecast says "cloudy" hopefully no rain!), let's all meet up at 5 pm at the Dow's Lake Pavilion at the corner of Preston and Prince of Wales, right next to the big parking lot and a few minutes walk from Carling O-Train station.

Odette it's a shame you can't make it, I was looking forward to the Prune Flan! Hopefully next time.

I plan to bring rice & spinach salad and baklava, maybe post what you're bringing here to reduce risk of everyone bringing the same thing.

Any questions, don't hesitate to call me.
See you soon!
Marc

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai hâte de vous rencontrer dans seulement 4 jours. Odette a été très utile et a suggéré que nous ayons un potluck au lac Dow, donc si il n'y a pas d'objections (les prévisions disent « nuagé », espérons qu'il ne pleuve pas!), rencontrons-nous à 17 h au Pavillon du lac Dow au coin de Preston et Prince of Wales, juste à côté du stationnement et à quelques minutes de marche de la station O-Train Carling.

Odette c'est dommage que vous ne pouvez pas vois joindre à nous, j'avais hâte au flan aux pruneaux! La prochaine fois.

Je prévois d'apporter une salade de riz et d'épinards et de la baklava, peut-être que tout le monde peut poster ici ce qu'ils apportent pour réduire le risque d'apporter la même chose.

S'il y a quoi que ce soit, n'hésitez pas à m'appeler.
A bientôt!
Marc

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Ottawa - Canada

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search