Powwow: Edinburgh - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Edinburgh - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:46
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Christmas Dinner Oct 13, 2010

The date for the Edinburgh translators' Christmas dinner has been set: Thursday 9th December. We might not all work in the same office, but why shouldn't we have an office party?

We will be eating at Blonde on St Leonard's Street (see http://www.blonderestaurant.co.uk/). The set Christmas menu is £23.50 a head for three courses. Vegetarian options are available. You can see the menu here:
... See more
The date for the Edinburgh translators' Christmas dinner has been set: Thursday 9th December. We might not all work in the same office, but why shouldn't we have an office party?

We will be eating at Blonde on St Leonard's Street (see http://www.blonderestaurant.co.uk/). The set Christmas menu is £23.50 a head for three courses. Vegetarian options are available. You can see the menu here: http://www.blonderestaurant.co.uk/xmas.htm

I have already made a provisional booking at Blonde for 15 people at 7.30 pm, but since then I have received more positive RSVPs and the head count is already 16! A £10 deposit will be required from each diner and this needs to be paid by November 13th. I will be in touch with confirmed attendees before then to arrange payment of the deposit.

If you have any other special dietary requirements (gluten-free, vegan, etc...) please let me know as Blonde is happy to cater for such requirements if prior notice is given.

Because of the need to confirm the booking by paying a deposit, I'm afraid I won't be able to accept sign-ups from any more attendees after Friday 5th November. I'd urge people only to sign up if they genuinely intend to attend, so as to minimise any hassle for me as organiser and for the restaurant, who have been very helpful already.

Looking forward to some festive fun!
Collapse

Rebecca Hendry
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Last chance to sign up for the Christmas dinner! Oct 31, 2010

Hello all,

Remember that the deadline for signing up for the Edinburgh translators' Christmas dinner is this Friday, 5th November. I will be in touch with all confirmed attendees on Friday to arrange payment of the deposit.

Looking forward to it!

Becky.

Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
Am I too late? Nov 9, 2010

Hi Rebecca

Just found out about this event, and keen to come through from Glasgow, but realise I have missed the official cut-off. If I make my own arrangements with the restaurant, would you have room for one more?

Cheers,

Dan

Rebecca Hendry
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Christmas dinner Nov 10, 2010

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure if you received the message I sent you via Proz yesterday. If you're still keen to come to the dinner then contact me and I'll forward details about paying the deposit.

Cheers,

Becky.

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Would like to come Nov 10, 2010

- sorry for my late reply but I only just saw this forum post.

I've never made it to any of the previous PowWows and would like to join you on 9th December but realise I am way past the Nov. 5th deadline. If I can somehow be added please let me know.

Ivana

Rebecca Hendry
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Deposit Nov 10, 2010

Hi Ivana,

I need to pay the deposit this weekend, so if you can arrange to pay me the deposit before then I can add you to the list. Contact me via Proz and I'll send you the details.

Cheers,

Becky.

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Thanks Rebecca, Nov 11, 2010

I've sent you a private email through Proz.

Emmanuelle Hingant
Emmanuelle Hingant  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
Menu Nov 11, 2010

Hi everyone,

I won't be able to make it to dinner but a friend of mine went for dinner at Blonde last week and she had trouble finding an adequat menu for her allergies.

She has nut and egg allergy (sorry, I don't know the coined expression for it). She asked for pâté with oat biscuits, but she got some kind of bread with nuts.

So I hope you'll all be fine, but I just thought I'd let you know!

I hope to have a few drinks with you after dinner
... See more
Hi everyone,

I won't be able to make it to dinner but a friend of mine went for dinner at Blonde last week and she had trouble finding an adequat menu for her allergies.

She has nut and egg allergy (sorry, I don't know the coined expression for it). She asked for pâté with oat biscuits, but she got some kind of bread with nuts.

I hope to have a few drinks with you after dinner that day. Enjoy it!

Emma
Collapse

Rebecca Hendry
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Restaurant booked, for 28! Nov 17, 2010

Hi all,

The restaurant is now booked, for 7.30 pm on Thursday 9th December. A total of 28 translators will be there!

Unfortunately there is no room for any more diners, but if anyone wants to join us after dinner I'm sure a few of us will go out for a couple of drinks afterwards.

Looking forward to it!

Becky.

Eugenia Morris
Eugenia Morris
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
thanks for warning! Nov 17, 2010

Emmanuelle Hingant wrote:

I hope to have a few drinks with you after dinner that day. Enjoy it!

Emma

Then we will have to do our best so that the food there was not the most anticipated thing! =)

Nadege Weightman
Nadege Weightman  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
Tonight Dec 9, 2010

Not looking good... All trains from Fife are cancelled until further notice so I might not be able to join you after all. Let's cross fingers

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Edinburgh - United Kingdom

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »