Thread poster: Lidia Morejudo
Lidia Morejudo
Lidia Morejudo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 28, 2008

I am looking for a translation "certificate" (always that dreaded word) from French into Spanish. I live in the UK so all the translation courses offered have English as one of the language pair, I suppose I could take the Dip Trans at the IoL if they have other candidates who wanted to do the same pair.

Is there any other widely accepted exams between French and Spanish? Do you know of any distance learning translation courses in that language pair?

Thanks for your he
... See more
I am looking for a translation "certificate" (always that dreaded word) from French into Spanish. I live in the UK so all the translation courses offered have English as one of the language pair, I suppose I could take the Dip Trans at the IoL if they have other candidates who wanted to do the same pair.

Is there any other widely accepted exams between French and Spanish? Do you know of any distance learning translation courses in that language pair?

Thanks for your help!
Collapse

Crystal Samples
Crystal Samples  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:59
French to English
+ ...
distance translation courses in Spain May 28, 2008

Maybe you can look into some of these:

Escuela de Traductores e Interpretes (Estudio Sampere) - www.sampere.edu.es/

ESTUDIO DE TÉCNICAS DOCUMENTALES - ETD - http://www.estudiodetecnicasdocumentales.com/cursos.php?cPath=22_46&tipo=4

... See more
Maybe you can look into some of these:

Escuela de Traductores e Interpretes (Estudio Sampere) - www.sampere.edu.es/

ESTUDIO DE TÉCNICAS DOCUMENTALES - ETD - http://www.estudiodetecnicasdocumentales.com/cursos.php?cPath=22_46&tipo=4

FUNDACION FIDESCU - http://www.fidescu.org/pgCurT.htm
Collapse

Lidia Morejudo
Lidia Morejudo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Masters or Diplomas May 28, 2008

Thanks for that. I will have a look, although they look interesting, I am looking more for a course with a more official qualification. I can do a distance Masters in England, but the issue is that English has to be one of the language pairs.

I have heard of Estudio Sampere before, apparently they are very good. A friend did a course with them, the problem is that their qualifications are not official.

Talking about that, does anybody know if it's of any use to take th
... See more
Thanks for that. I will have a look, although they look interesting, I am looking more for a course with a more official qualification. I can do a distance Masters in England, but the issue is that English has to be one of the language pairs.

I have heard of Estudio Sampere before, apparently they are very good. A friend did a course with them, the problem is that their qualifications are not official.

Talking about that, does anybody know if it's of any use to take the exams of traductor jurado of the Spanish government? Is it just useful if you live in Spain?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

French into Spanish exams and/or distance learning

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »