Natalia Gorobinskaya
Natalia Gorobinskaya  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:27
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Mar 17, 2009

Hello All,

Hope you can help me with my search. I've been told that Council of Europe helds exams in translation and/or interpretation skills. I have several years of freelance translating and was looking into gaining an official qualification since I don't have any linguistic education in translation and in interpreting if possible. It would be ideal if they had some preparation courses as well.

If you know anything about these exams, I would appreciate getting some i
... See more
Hello All,

Hope you can help me with my search. I've been told that Council of Europe helds exams in translation and/or interpretation skills. I have several years of freelance translating and was looking into gaining an official qualification since I don't have any linguistic education in translation and in interpreting if possible. It would be ideal if they had some preparation courses as well.

If you know anything about these exams, I would appreciate getting some info or references to the resources.

Thank you!
Natasha
Collapse

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:27
Flemish to English
+ ...
No certification. Mar 18, 2009

http://www.coe.int/
AFAIK, the Council of Europe's HR.dept only organizes exams for staff-positions.
However, the COE has established a European language portfolio, which determines your level of knowledge of
... See more
http://www.coe.int/
AFAIK, the Council of Europe's HR.dept only organizes exams for staff-positions.
However, the COE has established a European language portfolio, which determines your level of knowledge of a certain language:
http://www.coe.int/T/DG4/Portfolio/?L=E&M=/main_pages/levels.html
They do not organise certification exams.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:27
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Other options Mar 18, 2009

Natalia Gorobinskaya wrote:
I have several years of freelance translating and was looking into gaining an official qualification since I don't have any linguistic education in translation and in interpreting if possible. It would be ideal if they had some preparation courses as well.

You might want to explore other certification options:
- American Translator's Association
- Chartered Institute of Linguists

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Council of Europe Interpretation/Translation Exam or Cert

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »