Seeking information on the U. of Sheffield Distance MA in Japanese to English Translation
Thread poster: avaaid

avaaid  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:07
Japanese to English
Jun 16, 2009

Hello. In searching for a distance Master's course in translation (Japanese to English), I found the University of Sheffield's MA in Advanced Japanese Studies - Japanese to English Translation. I'm interested in hearing reviews of the course from people who have enrolled. Were you satisfied with the content and the way the course was administered? On a slightly tangential topic, has the Master's helped you professionally?

Thank you for your feedback.

chica nueva
Local time: 06:07
Chinese to English
Try this database ... maybe they have student feedback ... Jun 18, 2009

Hello avaaid
You could try this database ... maybe they have student feedback on the course you are asking about ... http://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/130469-manchester_or_imperial.html#1082779
Lesley

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:07
French to English
+ ...
Not a full MA in translation Jun 18, 2009

I just had a quick look at Sheffield's web page about this course. If I were you I'd contact them and ask some questions - this doesn't look like an MA in translation, but rather an MA in Japanese with possibly a couple of modules in translation.

It might nonetheless be a very useful course, and I know of several JP>EN translators with lower-level qualifications who do very well indeed.

avaaid  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:07
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your suggestions Jun 26, 2009

Thank you, Angela and lai an, for replying to my post and for your suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seeking information on the U. of Sheffield Distance MA in Japanese to English Translation

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search