University of Ulster MA in Professional Translation - any experience?
Thread poster: xxxAnneMC

xxxAnneMC
Aug 18, 2010

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone has done the Masters in Professional Translation at the University of Ulster and if so, could anyone tell me a bit about the course? How many languages did you work out of? How much focus is given to language improvement - outside of translation classes - or are you expected to take care of that yourself? It looks like a very practical course compared to others I have seen. I am trying to decide between that particular course and another two in Ireland.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks in advance : )

[Edited at 2010-08-19 14:00 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcia Liddle BA(Hons), MA, ACIL
Local time: 23:21
French to English
+ ...
I think it starts this year Oct 11, 2010

Hi Anne,

I don't think that the MA in Translation at the University of Ulster has started yet, I think it runs for the first time starting this autumn. The course does look very good, especially as it incorporates work experience. The University of Ulster does have a good reputation for vocational courses as far as I know. I did my MA in Translation at Queen's University in Belfast so let me know if you have any questions about the course there.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

University of Ulster MA in Professional Translation - any experience?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search