Emal Ghamsharick
Emal Ghamsharick  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:34
English to German
+ ...
Feb 11, 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I am planning to do a free screencast series for all writers. It will cover the basic rules of writing English source texts for MT and readability.

The series should consist of 5 ten-minute parts that show me ironing out English texts.

Rules I want to cover are:
- Use simple verbs and adjectives, or avoid them altogether
- Write short sentences
- Avoid gerunds
- Don't use the passive voice
- etc.

I
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I am planning to do a free screencast series for all writers. It will cover the basic rules of writing English source texts for MT and readability.

The series should consist of 5 ten-minute parts that show me ironing out English texts.

Rules I want to cover are:
- Use simple verbs and adjectives, or avoid them altogether
- Write short sentences
- Avoid gerunds
- Don't use the passive voice
- etc.

I am looking for input from other practicioners. Which frequent mistakes bug you? What advice do you have to give? Which topics would you like to hear covered?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seeking input for webinar series

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »