Stefan Blommaert  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:06
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 15, 2012

Hello everybody,

first of all, I am not sure whether I posted this topic in the correct place. Please feel free to (suggest to) move it

I have a friend who came to me with the following question. She has finished a language degree (French and Spanish) and is actually quite good at it (at least the French part I can personally vouch for, as I am fluent in it). She has been working for a translation agency for quite a while now and would like to continue on the same road and get a translation related degree. She lives in London and has been looking around to find a Master´s degree and...they are expensive. Also, as she is working, there is the time issue.

I live in London at the moment, but am not originally from here and discovered that I actually do not know a lot about UK degree and post-graduate possibilities.

Hence, my question to you is: Does anyone know of a translation related course that would/could be interesting for the person in question, possibly even by distance learning?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Finding a degree

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search