Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
Lindsay Sabadosa (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:26
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2004

Hi everyone!
Someone once mentioned this group in a forum as a great organization to work for but when I went to their website the e-mail link didn't work (whether it's their technical glitch or mine remains to be seen). Anyway, I'd love to work with them and know that I need to send them a sample and maybe my CV but does anyone have their e-mail or anymore information. Thanks so much in advance!

CarinaK
CarinaK  Identity Verified
United States
French to English
+ ...
TRANSLATORS WITHOUT BORDERS Nov 5, 2004

You can contact them at [email protected]

Stephanie Mitchel
Stephanie Mitchel  Identity Verified
United States
French to English
TWB Nov 5, 2004

Hi there,

I don't know about contacting them directly, but have worked for them through Eurotexte (in Paris) before. It's all been pro bono, by the way.

Let me know if you would like more information on Eurotexte.

Stephanie

Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
United States
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Eurotexte Nov 5, 2004

I would love more information about them! I know that TWB work is pro-bono but I really want to be able to do something meaningful for someone else. Any more information you can provide would be fantastic! I'm sure others are interested as well!

Thanks!!

Lindsay

Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
United States
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TWB Nov 5, 2004

CarinaK wrote:

You can contact them at [email protected][/quote]

Thanks so much!

Jorgelina Millán
Jorgelina Millán  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Only French<>English, right? Nov 5, 2004

Hi everyone!
I work in the EnglishSpanish pair and I also got interested in their work some time ago. Much to my regret I found out that they only take volunteers in the EnglishFrench pair. I think they're doing a really wonderful job and I'd love to be able to cooperate in any initiative of this kind where my services as an ENGSPA translator may be of use for similar purposes. Do you know of any other organization that may be in need of Spanish translators?
Thank you so much for you
... See more
Hi everyone!
I work in the EnglishSpanish pair and I also got interested in their work some time ago. Much to my regret I found out that they only take volunteers in the EnglishFrench pair. I think they're doing a really wonderful job and I'd love to be able to cooperate in any initiative of this kind where my services as an ENGSPA translator may be of use for similar purposes. Do you know of any other organization that may be in need of Spanish translators?
Thank you so much for your information!
Collapse

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:26
French to English
+ ...
I have also worked for them Nov 5, 2004

Stephanie Mitchel wrote:

Hi there,

I don't know about contacting them directly, but have worked for them through Eurotexte (in Paris) before. It's all been pro bono, by the way.

Stephanie

I've also worked for them through Eurotexte in Paris ([email protected]) and have found the work very interesting. For some projects there is a small budget (but the money isn't the point of this kind of work!).

Angela

Ellen Rosenzweig
Ellen Rosenzweig  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:26
Spanish to English
http://www.tsf-twb.org/ Nov 5, 2004

LSabadosa wrote:

Hi everyone!
Someone once mentioned this group in a forum as a great organization to work for but when I went to their website the e-mail link didn't work (whether it's their technical glitch or mine remains to be seen). Anyway, I'd love to work with them and know that I need to send them a sample and maybe my CV but does anyone have their e-mail or anymore information. Thanks so much in advance!

When in doubt... GOOGLE! I found the website in a matter of
seconds:

http://www.tsf-twb.org/

Ellen Rosenzweig

Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
United States
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TWB Nov 5, 2004

Ellen Rosenzweig wrote:

When in doubt... GOOGLE! I found the website in a matter of
seconds:

http://www.tsf-twb.org/

Ellen Rosenzweig

Thanks. I actually have their website address but I couldn't that link that says "contact us" to open (the one which includes their e-mail). I don't know if it is my problem or the site's problem though. In any case, I did send an e-mail to the address that some kind person provided so now I guess I just wait for them to respond! Thanks again to everyone who helped!

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:26
Spanish to English
+ ...
The need for French - English is pressing Nov 5, 2004

Jorgelina Millán wrote:

Hi everyone!
Thank you so much for your information!

But there is reason to believe it is not exclusive: http://www.tsf-twb.org/index-en.shtml (BTW, one of the volunteer testimonies quoted there is from a Prozian)

Following is the latest volunteer translator request letter from Mona Baker's "Resources for Translation Studies" website:

Announcement: Habitat International Coalition
Habitat International Coalition is a network of NGOs, social movements and local organizations working on habitat issues (forced evictions, land confiscation, social production of housing, environmental issues, women and housing/land rights). Its secretariat is in Chile and its President is Mexican, but it has regional and thematic offices all over the world. Communication is crucial in such a network, especially as members gain a lot in exchanging views and experiences. The coordination offices manage daily correspondence, but we lack the physical and technical capacity to have all documents and news posted on our websites systematically translated.

Receiving the support of volunteer translators would be extremely helpful to our work and that of the more than 400 local organizations that are our members. If you have translation skills, are interested in the economic, social and cultural issues relating to housing and human rights in general, and would like to cooperate with us to learn more about these matters, please contact me at [email protected] . We require a pool of volunteers and would be happy to work with students, particularly with languages such as English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Russian, and Portuguese.

Best wishes,

Murielle Mignot
Global Program Officer
Habitat International Coalition-
Housing and Land Rights Network
Cairo, Egypt

Tel: +2012 72 82 354
Websites: www.hic-net.org / www.hlrn.org

Posted on Nov 02, 04 | 10:03 am

You may be able to find more by googling Spanish + "volunteer translators", but you'll get all sorts (I can't vouch for the humanitarian interest of some of them, while you may not personally agree with the principles of other non-lucrative or faith-based organizations, so I'll leave that to you).

Natalia Eklund
Natalia Eklund  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:26
French to English
+ ...
Not a glitch.... Nov 9, 2004

LSabadosa wrote:
when I went to their website the e-mail link didn't work (whether it's their technical glitch or mine remains to be seen).

...the link opens up an Outlook express email window with their address. If you don't have outlook hooked up, then the link will not open or you will have a window saying the default email has not been configured.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translators Without Borders

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »