Thread poster: Rafael Tiba

Rafael Tiba  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:45
Member (Feb 2017)
English to Portuguese
Oct 5, 2014

Hello, everybody!

I've been working as a freelancer translator for almost a year now. Still, as I am just in my first steps, my rates are not very high. I have no course in the area at all - and, to be able to write a good (and true) resume, I believe I need a course in Translation or related (I thought about terminology management, which is something I really like).

My language pair is: English -> PT-BR

The problem is: all the courses I was able to Google were very expensive for me. One was 700 British Pounds.

I don't mind the quality of the course at all. The question is all about having some background, if you know what I mean

Can someone please indicate me a cheap, with certificate and online course as such?

Thank you very much!

Direct link Reply with quote

Maria Popova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 13:45
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
CTP Oct 6, 2014

Why don't you try CTP: http://translationcertification.org/ctp-designation-fees/

Rafael Tiba  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:45
Member (Feb 2017)
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Oct 6, 2014

That's great, Maria, thanks!

I'm still accepting more suggestions

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

e-Courses Translation/Terminology

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search