A little questionnaire about cooperation with field experts
Thread poster: jelenakro

jelenakro
Latvia
Apr 22, 2015

Dear Proz.com community members,

I am a student of a master's degree programme "Translation" in Latvian University. I would appreciate if you take your time to fill the following Questionnaire in order to help me with my study regarding the prospects of cooperation between in-house translators and field experts.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BCq-vqUdiVFig6mD5sBYJRDW7304sAYzYajyv3p6Ki8/viewform?usp=send_form

Thank you in advance,

Jelena

Michael Wetzel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:54
German to English
in-house translators Apr 23, 2015

While there are a lot of in-house translators out there (in Germany, I think it is roughly 20% of translators in professional organizations), there are almost none here, because of the nature of the site. If your research really is specifically focussed on in-house translators, then you probably ought to see if you can find people to post it for you in the discussion forums of translators' associations (ATA, ITI, BDÜ, SFT, etc.).

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 06:54
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
European Institutions Apr 23, 2015

I would suggest that you get in touch with the Latvian translation units in the European Institutions (Commission, Council, Parliament, Court of Justice, Court of Auditors, Economic and Social Committee, Committee of the Regions…). The Portuguese translation unit where I worked for 20 years used to contact field experts quite often, particularly regarding jargon or complex terminology.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A little questionnaire about cooperation with field experts

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search