Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Online MA in translation
Thread poster: Omnia Rasmy Mohamed

Omnia Rasmy Mohamed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:16
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 18, 2016

Hello everybody,

I want your help to know if i could have a master degree in translation, from a good or global university specialist in translation, but i want to take it online

As e-learning or international scholarship

Register in university with fees but home based and self study.

Thanks in advance


 

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:16
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Key word: "distance learning" Feb 18, 2016

Salam and have a look here:

http://www.port.ac.uk/courses/modern-languages-and-area-studies/ma-translation-studies/

I didn´t attend, but I knew by chance that it exists (I made a kind of "internship" at the University of Portsmouth, but at the Department of Mechanical Engineering).
For further infos you should contact them directly.

Kind regards,
Matthias


 

Rosa Foyle  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
U of Bristol Feb 18, 2016

Hi
I am currently doing an online MA program with the University of Bristol (Translation Studies). I am quite happy with it as it is part-time and distance learning only. They only have few lanugage pairs though. Here is a link: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/sml/study/postgraduate/ma-translation.html
Regards,
Rosa


 

Omnia Rasmy Mohamed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:16
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks alot for your reply Feb 18, 2016

Matthias Brombach wrote:

Salam and have a look here:

http://www.port.ac.uk/courses/modern-languages-and-area-studies/ma-translation-studies/

I didn´t attend, but I knew by chance that it exists (I made a kind of "internship" at the University of Portsmouth, but at the Department of Mechanical Engineering).
For further infos you should contact them directly.

Kind regards,
Matthias


 

Omnia Rasmy Mohamed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:16
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much, i will check it, but how much its fees and how long and thanks again Feb 18, 2016

Rosa Foyle wrote:

Hi
I am currently doing an online MA program with the University of Bristol (Translation Studies). I am quite happy with it as it is part-time and distance learning only. They only have few lanugage pairs though. Here is a link: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/sml/study/postgraduate/ma-translation.html
Regards,
Rosa


 

Sofia Aldazabal Wood
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:16
English to Spanish
Becoming a translator Feb 19, 2016

Hello Omnia,

I am actually working in my dissertation for my MA in Translation Studies DL with the University of Portsmouth. It has been (still is) a great experience and I am loving it.
The University is very good and I am very happy.
Check it out!
www.port.ac.uk/


 

Rita Pang  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:16
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...

MODERATOR
Research Feb 19, 2016

Omnia Rasmy Mohamed wrote:

Rosa Foyle wrote:

Hi
I am currently doing an online MA program with the University of Bristol (Translation Studies). I am quite happy with it as it is part-time and distance learning only. They only have few lanugage pairs though. Here is a link: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/sml/study/postgraduate/ma-translation.html
Regards,
Rosa


Omnia,

Figuring out what fees, timeline, requirement for enrollment etc is YOUR responsibility. A link has already been provided to you. Generally, distance learning programs spell these details out on their websites.

Good luck.


 

Omnia Rasmy Mohamed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:16
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all Feb 22, 2016

Thank you all for your reply
i saw that (port and bristol) is the most recommended here
Thanks again


 

Bimbamballoo (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:16
French to English
+ ...
I can recommend Birmingham Feb 22, 2016

Hi there,

I did my MA in Translation Studies as a distance learner through Birmingham. The course was excellent and I discovered that many of the leading scholars in the world of Translation Studies actually hailed from Birmingham University. The course lasts 2 and a half years, whereas Bristol extended theirs to 3. Financially that can make a big difference considering you have to pay per module. Happy to assist if you have any questions on the course.

All the best with your decision.

Emma.


 

Omnia Rasmy Mohamed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:16
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Link please Feb 22, 2016

[is that what you mean (http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/index.aspx) if so could you share a link of translation department please-- it will be so easy to pay for a module]

Bimbamballooms wrote:

Hi there,

I did my MA in Translation Studies as a distance learner through Birmingham. The course was excellent and I discovered that many of the leading scholars in the world of Translation Studies actually hailed from Birmingham University. The course lasts 2 and a half years, whereas Bristol extended theirs to 3. Financially that can make a big difference considering you have to pay per module. Happy to assist if you have any questions on the course.

All the best with your decision.

Emma. [/quote]


 

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:16
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Any other suggestions? May 29, 2017

I found this very useful topic and thought that I'd refresh it in the fora in case there are other ideas out there on this matter.

Any other suggestions out there or a MA in Translation with distance learning in Europe, taught in English or Spanish?


 

Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
I did an online Master's in Audiovisual Translation May 29, 2017

...at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona. Dra. Pilar Orero was the program director. Very good program, and writing my dissertation (or thesis) was a blessing in disguise. Be advised that this was (or still is) a professional master's degree, not a traditional MA that would allow you to enter a PhD program at the same university or at other universities in Spain.

This master's program is for English and Spanish only, mind you.

Cheers.

icon_biggrin.gif


 

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:16
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you! May 30, 2017

Mario Chavez wrote:
...at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona.

Yes, I was aware of that programme. In fact, a colleague here in the office is doing that MA. Indeed, I knew that it is not a programme that counts in the credits required towards a PhD programme, and that was why I had discarded it. Thank you anyway!


 

Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Good call Jun 1, 2017

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Mario Chavez wrote:
...at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona.

Yes, I was aware of that programme. In fact, a colleague here in the office is doing that MA. Indeed, I knew that it is not a programme that counts in the credits required towards a PhD programme, and that was why I had discarded it. Thank you anyway!


Glad you made that decision, Tomás. At the time (2005) I didn't think nor anticipate I would want to go for a PhD, so I took the maestrado profesional. Fortunately for me, the Portuguese universities administering my PhD program (yes, it is a real PhD, hahahah) accepted my MA without question.


 

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:16
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
CORRECTION: UAB's Master en Traducción Audiovisial IS official Jun 2, 2017

Yesterday I was talking to a colleague about this matter and he mentioned that the Master en Traducción Audiovisual is now actually an official master, i.e. it does count for the credits required to begin terminal studies. I was not up-to-date about this MA.

Full information can be seen here: http://www.uab.cat/web/informacion-academica-de-los-masteres-oficiales/la-oferta-de-masteres-oficiales/informacion-general/x-1096480309770.html?param1=1345695508608


 
Pages in topic:   [1 2] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online MA in translation

Advanced search






SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search