https://www.proz.com/forum/professional_development/34852-internship_in_usa.html

Internship in USA
Thread poster: Francesco Barbuto
Francesco Barbuto
Francesco Barbuto  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:38
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 19, 2005

Hi all,

I am planning to spend next summertime (July, August and September 2006) working as a PAID intern in some US firm dealing with languages, software or sciences (translation agency, software house, market research firm, etc.), possibly in New York city.

Hopefully, I'll get my J-1 visa through the Council on International Educational Exchenge (CIEE, www.ciee.org).

Co
... See more
Hi all,

I am planning to spend next summertime (July, August and September 2006) working as a PAID intern in some US firm dealing with languages, software or sciences (translation agency, software house, market research firm, etc.), possibly in New York city.

Hopefully, I'll get my J-1 visa through the Council on International Educational Exchenge (CIEE, www.ciee.org).

Could you please help me or give me any directions or advice in finding a prospective US firm (in the fields of expertise cited above) willing to host me as a paid intern for the period of time mentioned above?

Feel free to contact me either privately or post your advise in this thread.

I'll be grateful to all that could help me out.

I have already been and worked in NY city in the summer of 1998, and worked for Barnes and Noble thank to the J-1 visa the CIEE had granted me on behalf of the State Department and the US Governemt.
I would love to be again in NY city, working as an intern.

Thank you very much,

DaSH

[Edited at 2005-07-19 19:52]
Collapse

Elena Carrión
Elena Carrión
United States
French to Spanish
+ ...
Internship in USA Sep 2, 2005

Hello Francesco!
I've read about your topic, did you finally find anything?
I would like to do something similar to you, I just graduated in Spain and I really wanna go abroad and find a job or internship, the thing is that I don't have experience... could you tell me any advice?
Thanks =)

Francesco Barbuto
Francesco Barbuto  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Advice Sep 3, 2005

ECG wrote:

Hello Francesco!
I've read about your topic, did you finally find anything?
I would like to do something similar to you, I just graduated in Spain and I really wanna go abroad and find a job or internship, the thing is that I don't have experience... could you tell me any advice?
Thanks =)

Hi ECG,

My Advice to you ia as follows:

Good, better, best

Never, ever rest

Till your good is better

And your better best

In other words, I just mean: if you wanna go work in the USA be ready to be very hard working and competitive; USA workplace is REALLY competitive.

Have a nice time,

Francesco

kikyo (X)
kikyo (X)
English to Italian
+ ...
Question Jul 20, 2006

Hello!
I would like to ask Francesco and anyone who had something to do with CIEE about their experiences with the organization.
I was browsing the website but I couldn't find any information about prices and fees. Could you tell me about that?

Thank you in advance

[Edited at 2006-07-21 07:36]

adrianads
adrianads
English to Spanish
+ ...
ip i Mar 5, 2007

kikyo wrote:

Hello!
I would like to ask Francesco and anyone who had something to do with CIEE about their experiences with the organization.
I was browsing the website but I couldn't find any information about prices and fees. Could you tell me about that?

Thank you in advance

[Edited at 2006-07-21 07:36]

Hi!

Im interested in doing an internship in te US too, i've searched te CIEE web page and contact them...fees are terribly expensive, so kinda think of discarting their support...if someone knows about a US based company looking for tranlators(interpreters (paid if possible!) please let me know!

thanks

Yulia_KJ
Yulia_KJ
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:38
English to Russian
+ ...
I hope it's not too late :-) May 7, 2010

Hey dear translators, interns and graduates!

I know it was posted long time ago but I saw this post only today. So I was wondering how you realized your plans concerning paid translation internship in the USA?
I want to do the same or figure out something like that.

My email is [email protected]

Looking forward to hear from you,... See more
Hey dear translators, interns and graduates!

I know it was posted long time ago but I saw this post only today. So I was wondering how you realized your plans concerning paid translation internship in the USA?
I want to do the same or figure out something like that.

My email is [email protected]

Looking forward to hear from you,

Yulia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internship in USA

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »