Dip Trans Results?
Thread poster: Julia Parnaby (X)
Julia Parnaby (X)
Julia Parnaby (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:12
French to English
Apr 25, 2006

Does anyone know when the IoL Dip Trans results are out? The IoL website says 12-14 weeks after the exam, which makes the results due about now by my reckoning. I tried emailing the IoL but they didn't reply.

Thanks.

Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 04:12
English to Dutch
+ ...
Diptrans results in May Apr 25, 2006

A colleague did the (EN-NL) exam last year and she received the results in May. I don't know if there is any difference in that timeframe for other language combinations. I am also getting impatient...
Good luck!

[Edited at 2006-04-25 21:08]

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Give them an extra month! Apr 25, 2006

I seem to remember having to wait about 18 weeks for the results. I think they are about a month late with them every year.

If you write an e-mail to two or three different people (look for names on their web site), you will get an answer from one of them in a day or two.

Astrid

P.S. I got mine in 2004 on 10th May.

[Edited at 2006-04-25 12:06]

Anne McKee
Anne McKee
French to English
It shoud be very soon Apr 25, 2006

Hi,

I am also waiting, I sat papers last year and got the results at the end of April, so they should come any day now.

Fiona Gonçalves
Fiona Gonçalves  Identity Verified
Portugal
Portuguese to English
+ ...
It may depend on your language combination Apr 25, 2006

I did the Portuguese-English one last year and it was well into May before I got the results.

Julia Parnaby (X)
Julia Parnaby (X)
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone Apr 25, 2006

I won't hold my breath then!

Carolyn Brice
Carolyn Brice  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 05:12
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
WHich language combination did you take? Apr 28, 2006

toiras wrote:

I won't hold my breath then!

I took the French to English, I assume you did too. How did you find it? I am also impatiently waiting for the results!

Julia Parnaby (X)
Julia Parnaby (X)
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Fr>En Apr 28, 2006

Carolyn Brice wrote: I took the French to English, I assume you did too. How did you find it? I am also impatiently waiting for the results!

I did FR>En too. It was ok I thought, except that I know that I made a mistake on the first sentence of the first paper, which isn't so good I just want to be put out of my misery now, this feels like far too long to have to wait!

Malamati Tzonou
Malamati Tzonou
Local time: 05:12
English to Greek
Dip Trans Results are out May 2, 2006

Hi there!
I took the exam English into Greek and this morning they notified me from the examination centre that I passed two out of three. Apparently, this year the results were sent to the examination centres first. Good luck to everybody!

Julia Parnaby (X)
Julia Parnaby (X)
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Congratulations! May 2, 2006

malamati wrote:

Hi there!
I took the exam English into Greek and this morning they notified me from the examination centre that I passed two out of three. Apparently, this year the results were sent to the examination centres first. Good luck to everybody!

Thanks for the news, this gives us all hope that we won't have to wait too much longer!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dip Trans Results?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »