Non-translator degree in profile
Thread poster: Elliot Everett

Elliot Everett  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 11:15
Spanish to English
Dec 19, 2006

Hello.

I have a BS degree in finance and would like to put it in my ProZ.com profile, but I can't seem to find the right place. Neither the translation education nor the credentials sections seem to be correct for what I have.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Elliot

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Down Below Dec 20, 2006

Put it down below (About Me) where you can fill in as much as you want, that it where I put mine. Most of us do not have translation-related degrees since they are not readily available in many places.

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 16:15
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Everything contributes... Dec 20, 2006

Elliot wrote:

I have a BS degree in finance...

...credentials sections...

Elliot,
I think your degree is definitely a credential in the sense that it gives you a degree of knowledge and expertise in that field, which you add to your translating knowledge. Not all credentials are DIRECTLY related to the translation activity per se.

Bill

Khalid Nasir
Iraq
Local time: 17:15
English to Arabic
+ ...
choose other option Dec 20, 2006

for myself as mechanical engineer Ichose "other" option in translation education ( at the end of the list) , not very sue if I am right

Elliot Everett  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 11:15
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the input Dec 20, 2006

I'll take it all into account. BTW, I did inform ProZ.com staff on this issue throught a support ticket, telling them I believed a separate field should be available for these cases.

Take care,
Elliot

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-translator degree in profile

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search