Translation or Business courses in SAN FRANCISCO
Thread poster: Francesca Sfulcini
Francesca Sfulcini
Local time: 12:31
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 31, 2008

Hi everybody,
I'll be in San Francisco for 3 months starting from the end of February and I would like to take advantage of this time in the US. That's why I am looking for translation courses or, even better, for courses in Accounting/Economics/Finance, my working field. The best option would be a course on how to translate financial texts, but maybe that's asking too much.
Anyone can help me?

Francesca

[Edited at 2008-01-31 15:25]

[Edited at 2008-01-31 15:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxLatin_Hellas
United States
Local time: 12:31
Italian to English
+ ...
Business First Feb 1, 2008

In my opinion, take courses in accounting and finance, then, if you are skilled as a translator, that will take care of itself.

Better yet, during these three months, while you are taking a course or two in accounting and finance, volunteer to do an internship at a bank or accounting firm. There is no better combination than education and experience, plus you may gain contacts in the right places, with businesspeople who pay.

By the way, I envy you San Francisco!!!

In bocca al lupo!

[Edited at 2008-02-01 09:10]

[Edited at 2008-02-01 09:48]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation or Business courses in SAN FRANCISCO

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search