Thread poster: Daniele Bertinato
Daniele Bertinato
Daniele Bertinato  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:36
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 16, 2008

Good morning,

I finished a proof on a .itd file and when I hit the translation preview to see the translated version in xls format it gives me this error: "failed to post-process the file". The client did provide me with an .otf file, which is in the same folder as the .itd file. I do not know why this is happening. CAn anyone help please ?

Thank you

Daniele

Claudia Digel
Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:36
English to German
+ ...
You need the original xls file Aug 17, 2008

Hi Daniele,

You cannot create a preview (or clean up) an xls file in SDLX unless the original xls file is in the same folder as the translated itd file. Also, both files need to have the same name (except for the extension, of course). If the client didn't provide you with the original xls file you simply won't be able to create a preview.

Best regards,
Claudia

Daniele Bertinato
Daniele Bertinato  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:36
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked. Aug 17, 2008

Hello Claudia,

Thank you very much. It worked now. Living and learning......Have a good day !

Daniele

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to Post-process file in SDLX

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »