Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:56
Russian to English
+ ...
clarification: CAT does not equal MT Jan 13, 2009

RichardDeegan wrote:

I had one two months ago, one third had been touched by a human being, but two thirds was straight out of a CAT program (without TM, probaly "Power Translator" or Google).

Just so confusion doesn't proliferate: A CAT tool is not the same as Machine Translation (MT). CATs are used to help human translators, who do the translating.

Susan

tomu6526
tomu6526  Identity Verified

Local time: 22:56
English to Chinese
+ ...
I agree with this opinion Jan 19, 2009

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo wrote:

Maria Grahm wrote:

I've been offered a proof reading job (3000 words) where the agency asks for my rate. My translation rate is £0.07 per word and £25 per hour but what should my proof reading rate be?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-01-12 14:32 GMT]

Hourly rate should be the same regardless of task.

If you charge, what I consider to be, so little for your translations, I can't see how you can go any lower when it comes to proofreading.

I know we see a lot of very low rates, here and at other sites. But rates vary depending on language combination. Various factors determine these rates, such as:

- supply of competent translators in relation to demand for translations
- cost of living in countries where competent translators generally live
- taxes and social fees in countries where competent translators generally live

I personally couldn't live comfortably in the UK (or Sweden) charging £25/hour. That is, if I want to be able to deliver a quality product.

We agree with this opinion,at least half of the price.Fist you should see the quality of the tranlation,if the translation is too bad,you should ask for more money beacause I have been meet such kind hard (尴尬的 in chinese)situation.

价格最合理的建工翻译公司
Architecture and civil engineering translation co,ltd
Translation company with the best price and quality
http://www.jgfanyi.com.cn/
http://www.jgfanyi.com.cn/page/english/index.php
qq 329365731
msn:[email protected]
phone:15814019060
skyp:tomu or tomu6526
tranlation forum:http://jgfy.5d6d.com/

[Edited at 2009-01-19 05:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-01-19 05:10 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please, help with rate for proof reading

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »