https://www.proz.com/forum/proofreading_editing_reviewing/126745-process_for_proofing_in_sdlx.html

Process for proofing in SDLX
Thread poster: Malcolm Rowe
Malcolm Rowe
Malcolm Rowe
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:23
French to English
+ ...
Feb 4, 2009

Hi! Can anyone suggest a good process for proofreading SDLX files? I am using SDLX 2006, Build 6010.

The difficulties mainly focus around autopropagation.

If all segments are unconfirmed at the start and if autopropagation is switched on, then when I confirm a change this is likely to affect segments further down the text. However, in those later segments the original translation may be better and now fuzzy-match autopropagation will have lost it.

On the o
... See more
Hi! Can anyone suggest a good process for proofreading SDLX files? I am using SDLX 2006, Build 6010.

The difficulties mainly focus around autopropagation.

If all segments are unconfirmed at the start and if autopropagation is switched on, then when I confirm a change this is likely to affect segments further down the text. However, in those later segments the original translation may be better and now fuzzy-match autopropagation will have lost it.

On the other hand, if I switch off autopropagation or don't confirm my changes, my amendments won't be carried through elsewhere, thus, to a certain extent, defeating the point of using TM.

My current thinking is to either turn off autopropagation or set it to only occur with 100% matches, start with a new blank TM and update after each change. Will I then need to use F8 Lookup on each segment or will it automatically show the TM matches?

Thanks for any suggestions.

M
Collapse

Sushan Harshe
Sushan Harshe
India
Local time: 15:53
English to Hindi
+ ...
SDLX process Feb 5, 2009

1] In normal course even after confirm change mode still you can edit your segments. You will have new match in you TM. (in Multi Term) then edit TM, remove unwonted translation or,
2] You can use a new TM and workout necessary changes. Click ‘update TM’ and you have all that you wanted.

[Edited at 2009-02-05 11:23 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Process for proofing in SDLX

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »