Can someone tell me what that is> Tks!

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:08
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Post-editing Oct 28, 2011

This is editing machine translated text.

You need to, of course, use the client's TM during the editing process so that they can keep your corrections to improve their future MT-projects.

icon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2011-10-28 12:35 GMT]

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
There is plenty of discussion in this forum Oct 28, 2011

... if you have time to read it!

Here is a good thread for a start:

http://www.proz.com/forum/proofreading_editing_reviewing/133180-machine_translation_postediting_translators_views_needed.html

Don't agree to do post-editing unless you know what you are letting yourself in for.... You have to understand what it is and what it is not, and agree to suitable payment terms.

If you jump in thinking it is something like proofing human translation, you may get a shock. I'm not against MT, but I have not seen a lot of good results in my language pairs.

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Or in mine Oct 28, 2011

Christine Andersen wrote:

If you jump in thinking it is something like proofing human translation, you may get a shock. I'm not against MT, but I have not seen a lot of good results in my language pairs.

And it often happens that, in case the machine doesn't know a particular term, you will find untranslated text or sometimes the MT is filled with "first-pick" translations, that is, when there are more than one translations and meanings possible, the machine just picks one, perhaps the first one to come up.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Post-editing?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search