Peregian  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:51
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 21, 2012

Hi all,

I'm being asked to proofread a txml file in wordfast pro and return the txml file with track changes. I can't figure this out or where track changes is or if this is possible. I can only convert to a word doc with bilingual tables and track changes on this, but they want the txml back. I have Vista Home Premium which isn't compatible with squat and am completely new to wordfast and have downloaded a demo to try it.

Any help much appreciated.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Impossible in WF, but... Feb 22, 2012

...you can use some third-party applications to show your client the changes, for example,
Change Tracker (available here: http://change-tracker.com/wiki/en/Main_Page )

Peregian  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Excellent solution! Feb 22, 2012

What an absolutely brilliant, simple and intuitive piece of software - and it's free.
Thanks Natalie.

Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 04:21
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Thank you Natalie Feb 22, 2012

Just on time!icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Track changes in wordfast pro

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search