Editing a pdf in Acrobat vs. Trados
Thread poster: robinbuzios
robinbuzios
robinbuzios
Local time: 17:34
Portuguese to English
Jun 5, 2015

I just landed a job to edit and proofread a 150 page translation, where the source document is pdf. No chance of accessing the original word file. I will have the original Portuguese pdf and the English translation pdf. I perused the translation before accepting, and it doesn't look too bad given that the translator was writing into her L2. After reading several "headachy" stories about formatting issues with pdf docs and Trados, I'm thinking it might be a lot easier to copy/paste the paragraph... See more
I just landed a job to edit and proofread a 150 page translation, where the source document is pdf. No chance of accessing the original word file. I will have the original Portuguese pdf and the English translation pdf. I perused the translation before accepting, and it doesn't look too bad given that the translator was writing into her L2. After reading several "headachy" stories about formatting issues with pdf docs and Trados, I'm thinking it might be a lot easier to copy/paste the paragraphs that need rewrites into word, then copy and paste back into Acrobat. Minor changes can be made directly in Acrobat. The upside is that there's no need for reformatting after editing.

I'm sure someone here has done similar work, and I'm hoping for some suggestions on this type of workflow.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. I'd like to be able to run all the text through PerfectIt, but it doesn't work with pdf's.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing a pdf in Acrobat vs. Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »