Press release date
Thread poster: Soizic CiFuentes

Soizic CiFuentes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:17
Member (2003)
English to French
Feb 13, 2008

I was checking online a press release that I translated recently and noticed that the proofreader changed back to English the date and the city of LONDON. I have always translated London by Londres. Some other terms that have the perfect equivalent in French were changed back to English. I really don't see why.

Do we not translate the date of press releases now ?

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 15:17
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You are right Feb 13, 2008

I believe what you did was right. The reviewet might be mistaken or have some other unknown reason.
icon_confused.gif

Why don`t you ask your client about it?

Paul Merriam  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:17
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
Check with your client Feb 13, 2008

I believe your practice is the usual one. Your client's choice may be as simple as making it easier for monolingual English personnel to find the French version of a given press release. Your client can tell you whether this is indeed the case.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Press release date

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search