Question re ProZ.com time zone
Thread poster: Jane Lamb-Ruiz (X)
Jane Lamb-Ruiz (X)
Jane Lamb-Ruiz (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Apr 18, 2002

I have sent three queries to Proz regarding the TIME listed on the proz site. I am a Platinum member. The queries were polite and affable queries and have gone unanswered. So I repeat my question here: the time on my computer is Eastern Standard Time and the ProZ time is always three hours ahead of that time. I am on the east coast and proz is on the west coast. Shouldn\'t its time clock appears as three hours earlier than mine? I really would love to know why this is so and I believe there are ... See more
I have sent three queries to Proz regarding the TIME listed on the proz site. I am a Platinum member. The queries were polite and affable queries and have gone unanswered. So I repeat my question here: the time on my computer is Eastern Standard Time and the ProZ time is always three hours ahead of that time. I am on the east coast and proz is on the west coast. Shouldn\'t its time clock appears as three hours earlier than mine? I really would love to know why this is so and I believe there are other people who would also like to know.

Thank you in advance ProZ.

Collapse

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 00:44
German to English
+ ...
It's GMT Apr 18, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-04-18 16:16, nonogogo wrote:

I have sent three queries to Proz regarding the TIME listed on the proz site. I am a Platinum member. The queries were polite and affable queries and have gone unanswered. So I repeat my question here: the time on my computer is Eastern Standard Time and the ProZ time is always three hours ahead of that time. I am on the east coast and proz is on the west coast. Shouldn\'t its time clock ... See more
Quote:

On 2002-04-18 16:16, nonogogo wrote:

I have sent three queries to Proz regarding the TIME listed on the proz site. I am a Platinum member. The queries were polite and affable queries and have gone unanswered. So I repeat my question here: the time on my computer is Eastern Standard Time and the ProZ time is always three hours ahead of that time. I am on the east coast and proz is on the west coast. Shouldn\'t its time clock appears as three hours earlier than mine? I really would love to know why this is so and I believe there are other people who would also like to know.

Thank you in advance ProZ.

ProZ time is GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) - don\'t forget to factor in daylight saving time. ▲ Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:44
SITE FOUNDER
Time Zones Apr 18, 2002

Jane,

We have responded to your questions re: time used on the site letting you know that time used by www.ProZ.com is GMT.

That would mean that on the East Coast you will be 4 hours behind the time listed in www.ProZ.com posti
... See more
Jane,

We have responded to your questions re: time used on the site letting you know that time used by www.ProZ.com is GMT.

That would mean that on the East Coast you will be 4 hours behind the time listed in www.ProZ.com postings.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html
Collapse

Jane Lamb-Ruiz (X)
Jane Lamb-Ruiz (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Carefully screened emails Apr 18, 2002

I look at my emails pretty carefully and never saw an answer to any of my emails to the site. Funny huh? Don\'t know why that is. Anyway, I believe you but don\'t understand why I never receive them. I have received proz messages from posters.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question re ProZ.com time zone

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »