Reciprocal proof reading
Thread poster: Margaret Lomas (X)
Margaret Lomas (X)
Margaret Lomas (X)
Local time: 01:07
French to English
+ ...
Oct 1, 2002

I\'m not sure if this is the right place to post this request so apologies if I have got it wrong. I need a native French-speaker to proof-read around 800 words I have written in French for a 5 minute presentation I have to give. In return, I would be happy to proof read English text for them. Is there any forum for this sort of exchange of help on a general basis and is there anyone out there who would be prepared to help me? Many thanks

Egmont
Egmont
Spain
Local time: 02:07
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
Reciprocal proofreading Oct 1, 2002

Maybe I can help you anyway...

[addsig]

CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
Local time: 20:07
English to Italian
+ ...
Team approach Oct 1, 2002

When I was still translating full time, I was part of several teams on proz.com and one of the thing we did, apart from helping each other when we had too much work, was revise and proofread each other, on an exchange basis.

The exchange with other colleagues improved the quality of my translations and made me aware of other approaches and expertise.

Good luck

paola l m

Guillermo de la Puerta
Guillermo de la Puerta  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
I would also need reciprocal proofreading Oct 1, 2002

Hi everyone, unfortunately I cannot help with the proofreading of french. As for my own case I would need the proofreading of a web site translated from spanish into English. I didn\'t dare to make such a proposal before but after reading this I think perhaps it is possible. I would proofread a text in Spanish of the same length.

Kind Regards wildlp )

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Well, I'm in the same situation Oct 1, 2002

I can proofread your presentation in French and I\'d need a proofreading of my resume in English.

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Join the proofreading circle! Oct 1, 2002

Quite a few of us proz members belong to a proofreading circle. We help each other out when in need, for free, and uderstand that the same will be done for us at another time when needed. No strings attached, except to be constructive in our criticism. It\'s been working for over a year, and it always turns out that someone somewhere in the world is awake and available to do that last minute proofreading before you send your work off to the customer.

Melissa Dybwad is the contact per
... See more
Quite a few of us proz members belong to a proofreading circle. We help each other out when in need, for free, and uderstand that the same will be done for us at another time when needed. No strings attached, except to be constructive in our criticism. It\'s been working for over a year, and it always turns out that someone somewhere in the world is awake and available to do that last minute proofreading before you send your work off to the customer.

Melissa Dybwad is the contact person for this, she will add your name, address and language pairs to the circle.

Contact Melissa at: [email protected]

Hope this helps!

Gayle

Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Of course this helps, Gayle ! Oct 1, 2002

I had never heard about it !

Thanks

CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
English to Italian
+ ...
What a great idea, Gayle Oct 2, 2002

Have you ever mentioned it to Henry?

It would be a great addition to the site.

all the best

paola l m

Arthur Borges
Arthur Borges
China
Local time: 08:07
English
+ ...
I'd be happy to proof your CV too. Oct 2, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-10-01 16:34, c.iglesias wrote:

I had never heard about it !

Thanks

Margaret Lomas (X)
Margaret Lomas (X)
Local time: 01:07
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 2, 2002

Thanks to everyone for their response. Reciprocal proof reading does seem a very useful resource and I will be signing up for the proofreading circle straight away.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reciprocal proof reading

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »