Thread poster: Mike Sekine
Mike Sekine
Mike Sekine  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:57
English to Japanese
+ ...
May 31, 2002

Alright, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with translation or anything remotely close to it - other than the fact that the World Cup brings together people from every corner of the globe, united as one. (and Proz.com is much like the World Cup, except we meet everyday!)

As the France-Senegal match is set to kick off in a few minutes, I wish all the best to you, wherever you are, whatever language you speak. It doesn\'t really matter - for humanity has no boundary.

<
... See more
Alright, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with translation or anything remotely close to it - other than the fact that the World Cup brings together people from every corner of the globe, united as one. (and Proz.com is much like the World Cup, except we meet everyday!)

As the France-Senegal match is set to kick off in a few minutes, I wish all the best to you, wherever you are, whatever language you speak. It doesn\'t really matter - for humanity has no boundary.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-31 13:52 ]
Collapse

Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Local time: 03:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Cheers to you too!! May 31, 2002

Here in Panama, we will have to see all the world cup game around 2-3-4 in the morning, but I assure you that people either won\'t sleep or put their watches to wake them up to see the games.

That\'s what I called a fan!!

Cynthia Brals-Rud
Cynthia Brals-Rud  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Good luck! May 31, 2002

Great posting, Mike. It\'s all about healthy team-work

I know this: we are all good sports.

Vamos Argentina, at a distance and regardless...

Enjoyyyyyyyyyy

Cynthia

Gilda Manara
Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:57
German to Italian
+ ...
thanks for giving us this opportunity May 31, 2002

of sending a special greeting to all translators, whatever their nationality - all competing in ProZ but also ready to help each other, in the same spirit that will dominate the World Cup. And special compliments to the Korean ones - their country has prepared and performed a fantastic show for the opening ceremony, sending a message of peace and collaboration that has reached the whole world...

Gilda

Silvia Borges
Silvia Borges
United States
Local time: 04:57
How many goals will we have? May 31, 2002

What a great opportunity to share among ourselves our leisure time as well. And who does not root for some soccer team, right?

What a great and diverse forum we have right here.

An important part of our well-being and let\'s enjoy it, letting our brains worry with the many new words that we have to translate, while we relax somewhat with 22 \"barbados\" going after a single \"pelota\"! And just imagine the strategies they have learned to be able to play right!
... See more
What a great opportunity to share among ourselves our leisure time as well. And who does not root for some soccer team, right?

What a great and diverse forum we have right here.

An important part of our well-being and let\'s enjoy it, letting our brains worry with the many new words that we have to translate, while we relax somewhat with 22 \"barbados\" going after a single \"pelota\"! And just imagine the strategies they have learned to be able to play right!

So sad, France is losing at the end of the first game. But one never knows... Let\'s wait till de end of the World Cup!

E vamos la Brasil......
Collapse

Beth Kantus
Beth Kantus  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:57
German to English
Absolutely agree! May 31, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-05-31 11:29, Mike Sekine wrote:

Alright, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with translation or anything remotely close to it - other than the fact that the World Cup brings together people from every corner of the globe, united as one.

As the France-Senegal match is set to kick off in a few minutes, I wish all the best to you, wherever you are, whatever language you speak. It doesn\'t really matt... See more
Quote:

On 2002-05-31 11:29, Mike Sekine wrote:

Alright, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with translation or anything remotely close to it - other than the fact that the World Cup brings together people from every corner of the globe, united as one.

As the France-Senegal match is set to kick off in a few minutes, I wish all the best to you, wherever you are, whatever language you speak. It doesn\'t really matter - for humanity has no boundary. (and Proz.com is much like the World Cup, except we meet everyday!)

Got my VCR preprogrammed and can\'t wait to get home and see if I got it right so I can watch the game - it\'s been a long hard 4-year wait - everybody enjoy!! ▲ Collapse

Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
Bertha S. Deffenbaugh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you for this nice posting! :) May 31, 2002

I live in the USA, but I come from one of the few countries that have won world championships: Uruguay.

Uruguay won the world football championship both in 1930 and 1950.

But that was a long time ago and we had not been in a world cup for 12 years. Now we are back... and HAPPY!

In order to watch the games here in Arizona, I have to go to bed very early and get up at about 1.30 am. Tomorrow, for example, the game between Denmark and Uruguay will
... See more
I live in the USA, but I come from one of the few countries that have won world championships: Uruguay.

Uruguay won the world football championship both in 1930 and 1950.

But that was a long time ago and we had not been in a world cup for 12 years. Now we are back... and HAPPY!

In order to watch the games here in Arizona, I have to go to bed very early and get up at about 1.30 am. Tomorrow, for example, the game between Denmark and Uruguay will be beginning at 2.00am Arizona time and you BET I am ready to watch the game!

I am told the opening ceremony was gorgeous. I had intended to get up to see it and even got to set my alarm clock to do so. However, I was so terribly tired by 1.30am that I decided to stay in bed. Pity!

Good luck to all of you and hope we will all have a great time watching this championship.

GO GO GO URUGUAY!!!!!!

Collapse

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
"UNITED AS ONE" May 31, 2002

Beautiful words...

Aurora

Regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

PS: Argentina - Nigeria

37.000.000 hearts will be \"there\" at 2:00 AM next Sunday to enjoy the party.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-31 18:29 ]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cheers to you all - and enjoy the World Cup

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »