aivars  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 10, 2002

Fortunately, now I see that I am not alone in stating that:

1) getting quality help in minutes is a bliss

2) this is a direct result from how things are set on the site: kudoz, the system in general, etc.

So I very much stand for status quo, long live King Kudoz!

However, I might confess that many times there is more than one answer that for me deserves reward. By rewarding one I cannot express my appreciation for the solution the other has offered.

It would be lovely, that one could award more than one answer (split scores perhaps?)

The other thing I don´t like that much, is this option to thank somebody if they supported the solution they ´d offered. This, IMHO, might generate alliances that do not help to achieve the two main goals, again for me, that all this should have:

speed and quality

just ramblings, my friends

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-10 20:09 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

Aurora Humarán  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Splitting scores... Jul 10, 2002

Poor Henry!

Look at his kids: every day more and more demanding. Why don´t we? Why don´t we?

Well Henry... WE ARE YOUR MONSTERS.

YOU CREATED US.

Aivars I agree with you when you say that splitting scores is sometimes necessary.

I think we may say, ok, I have the four sweets: one is for XX and three are for YY.

Sounds fair and reasonable. Don´t know if feasible ... Jason?

Cheers Aivars....and fue un gustazo conocerte el otro día!

Aurora

Leonardo Parachú  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aivars, don´t worry about me at least... Jul 10, 2002

My best reward is to read something like \"Thanks to everyone. You´ve all been great help\".

BTW, What´s your name? I forgot to ask you that Friday in BA...

Regards,

Leonardo.

PD: wasn´t this the Spanish forum?

No, it wasn´t.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-10 21:54 ]

Dr. Fred Thomson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:08
German to English
Thanks to all Jul 11, 2002

I agree with Leonardo. When you have to choose, simply pick the answer that was most helpful and extend a sepcial thanks to one or two or all of the others.

We don\'t help just to get points; we help because we are all in this together.

As for the thanks-for-an-agree: I am just conceited enough to believe that the \"agree\" is extended because the person thinks I have the best answer, not because the person wants to ingratiate him/herself with me. And when I thank for the support, it\'s not because I hope the person become my special friend. Objectivity is expected, called for, and probably forthcoming. I trust you and others to be objective, and I expect you to trust men and others to be objective.

Dr. Fred Thomson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:08
German to English
Freudian slip? Jul 11, 2002

I didn\'t mean \"men,\" Imeant \"me.\"

Leonardo Parachú  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Well, I do sometimes agree to say "Hi" to someone BUT... Jul 11, 2002

...only if I truly think his/her answer is adequate. And sometimes I even refrain myself from sending any comment (even when MANY peers have agreed to a response) because the question is totally out of my league, whether or not the answerer is a friend of mine.

Regards,

Leonardo.
[addsig]

xxxCHENOUMI  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I, too, have found myself in that awful predicament... Jul 11, 2002

Well Aivars, I am comforted in the idea that I am not alone in this frustration. I first experienced the uneasiness of the situation when I had to select answers to some of my questions. In one case, one of the answerers provided me with excellent insight while the other one, featured a well-documented response.

( I was unable to do so. (

I felt really bad and helpless... I wanted to gratify both with KudoZ.

I agree with the principle of splitting the score, but our dear Henry will probably have to raise it to 8 or 10 points in those particular instances. That way, each deserving answer will get 4/4 or 5/5 points and be equitably rewarded.

I personally think that an excellent answer should be awarded more than 1 or 2 points (4 being the decent minimum, so far).

Let\'s hope that pretty soon, in KudoZ kingdom, more loyal servants will be rejoicing!!!

Cheers Henry!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-11 07:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-11 07:58 ]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I hate it when I can only reward only one collaborator

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search