Wanted: Non-German students for article to promote German uni towns
Thread poster: Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:43
German to English
+ ...
Dec 6, 2006

My apologies in advance for writing in English - this message is specifically directed at foreign (i.e. non German-students) or anyone who may be acquainted with such students, and I do not wish to limit the comprehension of my message in the event that some people may not understand German. Furthermore, this posting is about Germany, hence my choice to post in the German forum.

I am writing two articles commissioned by the DAAD on the following German uni towns:
a. Bochum/Ess
... See more
My apologies in advance for writing in English - this message is specifically directed at foreign (i.e. non German-students) or anyone who may be acquainted with such students, and I do not wish to limit the comprehension of my message in the event that some people may not understand German. Furthermore, this posting is about Germany, hence my choice to post in the German forum.

I am writing two articles commissioned by the DAAD on the following German uni towns:
a. Bochum/Essen/Duisburg (three towns, one article)
b. Aachen
and am looking for one foreign (i.e. non-German) student for each of these towns (excluding Bochum) who would be willing to be interviewed to be featured in a part of the articles. This would take the following format:

This section features an interview with a foreign student about experiencing the town, when they arrived and how they like it. Also covered are topics such as their field of study and how they paid for school (as we are to ; the mini block will also include a sub-section called “My Favorite Spot,” where the interviewee presents their favorite location in town).

If anyone is:
a. Such a student who would be interested in being featured in an online article
b. Someone who knows a student who would be interested
c. Someone who could give me a tip on how to find such students ...

please contact me via my profile.

Thank you very much in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Sarah

PS: These students don't necessarily have to study languages, but I know from experience that many foreign students come to Germany to do just that.
Collapse

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 03:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
If you are interest... Dec 6, 2006

I was such a student some thirty years ago and I am not right now.

However, I know some such students from my homeland staying and studying different majors in German university towns, such as Bielefeld, Göttingen, Marburg, Erlangen, Freising, Bochum, etc.

If you are interested, please specify your contact and I will let them know of your project. Maybe some of them might be interested to help you with it.

... See more
I was such a student some thirty years ago and I am not right now.

However, I know some such students from my homeland staying and studying different majors in German university towns, such as Bielefeld, Göttingen, Marburg, Erlangen, Freising, Bochum, etc.

If you are interested, please specify your contact and I will let them know of your project. Maybe some of them might be interested to help you with it.

My e-mail address: [email protected]
Collapse

David Earl
David Earl  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:43
German to English
Stadtmagazine Dec 7, 2006

The websites for some city magazine's also offer fora, where their visitors can make offers, etc. Too bad it's not Kiel. I'd point you at kiel4kiel.de.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:43
English to German
+ ...
German forum = forum for discussions in German Dec 7, 2006

Hi Sarah,

The purpose of the non-English forums on ProZ.com is to facilitate discussions in the respective language. The fact that this also involves discussions - in German - about Germany is a side effect, but not invoked by definition. Hence, it is rather unlikely that people who cannot understand German postings will come to this forum.

Please have a look at the forum list and let me know which English-language forum I should move this to. (I was thinking about Professional Development, but the Translators Coop forum might also be suitable. (If you like, you can post a cross-reference in German here.)

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wanted: Non-German students for article to promote German uni towns

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »