Two new database servers being installed. Thank you, members (and new members)!
Thread poster: justin C

justin C
United States
Local time: 18:09
English
Dec 13, 2006

Hello all,

I have been working in part this week to bring up two recently purchased database servers to serve the growing needs of the ProZ.com community. One is up already, serving the site generally, and one is in the process of being set up (specifically for KudoZ archive searches). With these new databases online, users should notice increased speed of the site. Please let us know how it is working out.

Thanks goes to ProZ.com members (and the many new ones) who make upgrades like this possible. We will continue to work to bring you the best workplace possible.

Best regards,
Justin
ProZ.com Systems Administrator

Direct link Reply with quote

Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 20:09
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Thank you, Justin. Dec 13, 2006

Thank you for your effort, Justin. It will surely make a difference over the next few days.
In fact, I have just renewed my membership to help AND take advantage of the new feature.
Best wishes to you and all the Proz team members,
Mónica
Uruguay

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 00:09
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Thanks.... Dec 13, 2006

justin wrote:

We will continue to work to bring you the best workplace possible.

Thanks so much. You really are a fantastic bunch of enthusiasts! We already HAVE the best workplace possible: home enhanced by ProZ.com!!

Pity I have my part-time job at the university!!

Best regards, and Happy Christmas to all ProZ-ers.

Bill

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:09
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Very slow! Dec 14, 2006

justin wrote:

With these new databases online, users should notice increased speed of the site. Please let us know how it is working out.

Hi Justin,
Since yesterday the ProZ.com pages load veeery slow for me, all of them. Sometimes I see a white page for half a minute or so before the page loads. It seems that other websites load as usual, so...

Just wanted to let you know.

Magda

(Internet 384 kb/s, dual core processor , Firefox)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two new database servers being installed. Thank you, members (and new members)!

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search