Have you worked for a company? If yes, have you rated it on the BlueBoard?
Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 20:21
German to Romanian
+ ...
Dec 5, 2002

I am addressing the community here, in the hope that I will make think at least for 1-2 minutes about the importance of this issue.

I am sure that you have been in the situation of being offered a job by a company and you desperately searched for any info to help you in your decision whether to accept the job or not.

However, I am almost as sure that after you got the job, you didn\'t think about going to the BlueBoard and leaving a note for those who come after you.
... See more
I am addressing the community here, in the hope that I will make think at least for 1-2 minutes about the importance of this issue.

I am sure that you have been in the situation of being offered a job by a company and you desperately searched for any info to help you in your decision whether to accept the job or not.

However, I am almost as sure that after you got the job, you didn\'t think about going to the BlueBoard and leaving a note for those who come after you.

I have rated all the agencies as soon as I received payment, so that everyone else can make use of my experience.

Still, there are lots of agencies that have posted several jobs over time, but have not rated by even one translator. I doubt it that none of their jobs were assigned.

So please, take a few minutes after you get paid, and rate the agency you have worked for.

Also, I would like to make a suggestion to the ProZ staff on the same issue.

I have found several entries for the same company on the BlueBoard. This is probably a result of the fact that, after someone has inquired about an agency and nobody else rated it, another translator comes and creates a new entry in the hope that he will be luckier that the other person whoe created the first entry. Or maybe it\'s just a coincidence, and two persons created the same entry at the same time.

So my suggestions would be:

1) Is it possible to add a feature to make an inquiry about an agency that is already in the BlueBoard (maybe not allow inquiries to be made in a time period shorter than 24 hours, so that there won\'t be several emails with the same inquiry when this agency posts a job)?

2) Is it possible to implement a way for not allowing multile entries for the same agency?

I am sorry if I haven\'t expressed myself very clearly, but it\'s late and I\'m very tired. Nonetheless, I hope I have stated my points clearly enough, to be understood.

I\'m curious about your input.

And please, DON\'T FORGET TO RATE THE AGENCIES YOU HAVE WORKED FOR.
Collapse

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:21
German to English
+ ...
I agree wholeheartedly, Elvira! Dec 5, 2002

There is very little activity on the Blue Board, compared to other similar sites.

One of the problems of multiple entries for the same agency could be a slight difference in the name (like leaving off Inc., for instance) or typos.

I would also find it helpful if we could enter a contact name (preferably the owner\'s), so that someone who changes the name of his/her agency can\'t hide behind a new name
... See more
There is very little activity on the Blue Board, compared to other similar sites.

One of the problems of multiple entries for the same agency could be a slight difference in the name (like leaving off Inc., for instance) or typos.

I would also find it helpful if we could enter a contact name (preferably the owner\'s), so that someone who changes the name of his/her agency can\'t hide behind a new name

Trudy
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 14:21
SITE FOUNDER
Please submit Support Request if you see problematic postings on the Blue Board Dec 5, 2002

Great posting, Elvira, thanks.

If you see anything that needs to be updated, corrected or removed please send a Support Request and we will take care of that.

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just a few examples of multiple entries Dec 6, 2002

Agentur HR - two identical entries + 1 written without space (AgenturHR), so there are 3 entries for this company

Albany TransComm International

Babel Media Limited - 2 identical entries + a third one as Babel Media

cactus consulting ltd - 2 identical entries + a third one as Cactus Consulting

Certified Translation Services

Foreign Language Services

GLOBUS Fremdsprachense
... See more
Agentur HR - two identical entries + 1 written without space (AgenturHR), so there are 3 entries for this company

Albany TransComm International

Babel Media Limited - 2 identical entries + a third one as Babel Media

cactus consulting ltd - 2 identical entries + a third one as Cactus Consulting

Certified Translation Services

Foreign Language Services

GLOBUS Fremdsprachenservice

And the list goes on.

These are only the agencies that have identical entries. There are many more as Trudy said, where there is a difference of Inc. or so
Collapse

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
One more Dec 7, 2002

I mentioned this several weeks ago when warning my peers about a German company\'s payment practice:

\"Küster-Translations\" and \"Küster Translations\" (without defis). Two identical things.

HTH

Steffen

Antonella Andreella (X)
Antonella Andreella (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
An idea Dec 13, 2002

Hallo everybody,

is it possible to add a function allowing user sto resubmit a query for

1) an agency already listed and rated in the blue board;

2)an agency already listed but not rated in the blue board.

Reason for point 1 is that peer rate may be old and/or not up-to-date or just 1 single rate

Reason for point 2 is... clear enough

Cheers

Anton
... See more
Hallo everybody,

is it possible to add a function allowing user sto resubmit a query for

1) an agency already listed and rated in the blue board;

2)an agency already listed but not rated in the blue board.

Reason for point 1 is that peer rate may be old and/or not up-to-date or just 1 single rate

Reason for point 2 is... clear enough

Cheers

Antonella
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have you worked for a company? If yes, have you rated it on the BlueBoard?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »