http://www.proz.com/job?id=29416 - check Blue Board!
Thread poster: Steffen Pollex
Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:24
English to German
+ ...
Dec 7, 2002

Have a look at the Blueboard entries first! [...edited...]

BTW, I am now back in Germany.

Bye

Steffen

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 18:24
SITE FOUNDER
Please use the Blue Board Dec 7, 2002

Steffen,

Thanks for your posting referring people to the Blue Board. But please refrain from making your own interpretations of BlueBoard input here in the forums. This type of thing tends to snowball, which is why we created the BlueBoard--a controlled means of indicating your own likelihood of working with a given agency again.

Henry

Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can't see any snowball here... Dec 8, 2002

..., nobody, actually, replied to my posting but quite a number, I am sure, had a look at it. That\'s all it was intended to. And I did not make an \"interpretation\", the little thing I stated should be obvious to everyone who is able to read the blueboard and has common sense.

BTW, once I have never worked for this agency, how else could I state my opinion? If I would never recommend them to anyone, based on the information I have access to, would\'n\'t I have the right to state this?

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Snowballs can turn into an avalanche... Dec 8, 2002

...just have a look at a recent thread in the German forum, where a legitimate outsourcer was wrongfully accused of being a non-payer. True, the link shown on the Blue Board was incorrect (rectified now), but I\'m sure not many of the number of viewers took the time to check the details (myself included) - after all, someone had alarmed them, so there must have been something wrong.

Quote:

..., nobody, actually, replied to my posting but quite a number, I am sure, had a look at it. That\'s all it was intended to. And I did not make an \"interpretation\", the little thing I stated should be obvious to everyone who is able to read the blueboard and has common sense.

...but don\'t you think that potential job takers could just look at these entries by themselves? \"Alarms\" such as the one you posted imply that there\'s something particularly sinister happening. Quite clearly, a thorough check of unknown clients is necessary - but that\'s every freelancer\'s own responsibility.

Quote:
BTW, once I have never worked for this agency, how else could I state my opinion?

If you never worked for them, how would you express your willingness to work for them again?

Quote:

If I would never recommend them to anyone, based on the information I have access to, would\'n\'t I have the right to state this?

The Blue Board was created with the specific purpose to keep the forums free from this kind of discussion, which can be potentially libellous - for everyone involved.

So far the informal approach has worked - which was great, because in this way we could use the forums whenever there were special circumstances in which the BB wasn\'t the appropriate platform. Given the proliferation of \"I\'ve-seen-something\" messages, however, I wonder whether we need a formal rule prohibiting agency discussions in forum threads.

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:24
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

formal rule on discussion of agencies on fora Dec 10, 2002

I would emphatically support instituting \"a formal rule prohibiting agency discussions in forum threads\" as proposed by Ralf. I do hope that folks will also quickly notify ProZ when they discover erroneous data posted in BlueBoard entries.

Yolanda Broad

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

http://www.proz.com/job?id=29416 - check Blue Board!

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search