Looking for list of bad payers
Thread poster: Jaroslav Jakub
Jaroslav Jakub
Local time: 02:10
English to Slovak
+ ...
Jan 15, 2003

Could some of you please let me know whether there is any List of bad payers in the area of translation services? We are trying to find out whether one of our customers is not included in such list.

Pls reply to jakub@g-agency.org

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 20:10
SITE FOUNDER
ProZ.com members use the Blue Board to express likelihood of working with clients again Jan 15, 2003

Welcome to ProZ.com.

The ProZ.com Blue Board is not a list of bad payers. Instead, it is a place where people who have worked for a given agency can indicate their likelihood of working again with the same agency. You might find it useful:

http://www.proz.com/blueboard/

When reviewing feedback, you will want to take into account the background and activity levels of the commenters, as well as any replies entered by an agency itself.

Domenica Grangiotti  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:10
English to Italian
+ ...
It should be our duty to comment on agencies we have worked for Jan 17, 2003

I would like to stress this subject because money is very important to all of us (we all chose to be translators because we liked the intellectual challenge but we have to pay rent, as well).

We should take a moment to enter comments on the agencies we have worked for, even if there are many comments already. This way, they would be updated and no one would wonder if the situation has changed or not.

Also, we should trust our collegues\' comments and beware of agencies with bad records. They generally are as bad as they are depicted (or worse...).

One more thing, please use the option to receive messages from the Blue Board (among email preferences) so that you are automatically alerted if a collegue is asking for info about an agency.

Sorry I took up so much of your time.

Domenica

Ildiko Santana  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:10
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...

I agree - it should be our duty Feb 2, 2003

I wholeheartedly agree with Domenica here. The more colleagues rate agencies they have worked for - whether good payers or bad - the greater favor we do all our fellow-members and, eventually, ourselves. As an aside, the ProZ Blue Board has the advantage in comparison to other similar venues (various payment practices lists) that here you can rate agencies *only* if you had worked for them in the past. Anywhere else you go you\'ll see tons of messages like, \"I\'ve never worked for them, but I heard that...\" The sad thing is that a great majority, especially new-comers, still use this sort of (non-)information as a resource.

Let us all take the time and help each other with more ratings, for the benefit of all!

Best regards,

Ildiko V-W

CA

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for list of bad payers

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search